The brew house is go!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gedburg101

Reaction score
After finally buying the new house the brew house is underway. Planning on installing a 200l set up inside.

Today we put up the battening for the insulation.

Progress pictures below...

IMG_20170713_165723.jpg

IMG-20170708-WA0001.jpg

Out of interest, what will you do with all the beer from such a big set up? I love the idea of big kit but I can't imagine what I'd do with such big batches.

The frame is now up and insulation goes in tomorrow. Loads of snags holding things back (taking out sockets, leaving bought parts in B&Q etc).

I just need to get the plasterboard on ASAP!

may i suggest you also consider providing the capacity to brew 5 gallon batches as well as the full volume 200l batches planned.

After completing my own modest in comparrison bigger brew kit, i found brewing larger volumes had the unfortunate effect of reducing my number of brewdays and i liked my brewdays.. Also when the results prove less than spectacular its a pita to have lots of litres of a so so beer kicking about, if like me its only ever served when the good stuff has done its job and i could serve harp without complaints ;)

there is a lot to be sadi for the 5 gallon batch size ;)

You could use the 5 gallon size to experiment and scale up recipes when you know they work. Seems logical to me, anyway.

You won't be able to homebrew for personnal consumption in the brew house once you are commercially up and running though, regardless of which kit you use.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

You won't be able to homebrew for personnal consumption in the brew house once you are commercially up and running though, regardless of which kit you use.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

That I didn't know...

I'm going to pay duty on the whole batch so would that be the issue sorted?

Otherwise, could I brew my own stuff in the garden?

Latest posts

Back