The range beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

none

Reaction score
I recently purchased an IPA beer kit from "The Range" chain.

Has anyone else tried their products and do they produce a a drinkable brew?
Any comments would be helpful

Thanks

I've brewed that a couple of times. It's OK, but lacks a bit of body if brewed with dextrose, better with light spraymalt and brewed short, say 20 litres instead of 23. Mine certainly has a "traditional" thick frothy head even from chilled (but maybe I overprimed). I gave my 1st attempt a 7/10, 2nd one maybe an 8. Not that you know my subjective scale! Needs to be drunk well before a year to maintain the hoppyness. Or is it hoppiness?

Hoppiness, hoppiness, the greatest gift that I possess
I thank the Lord that I've been blessed
With more than my share of hoppiness

Sorry, don't know what happened there...

I've brewed that a couple of times. It's OK, but lacks a bit of body if brewed with dextrose, better with light spraymalt and brewed short, say 20 litres instead of 23. Mine certainly has a "traditional" thick frothy head even from chilled (but maybe I overprimed). I gave my 1st attempt a 7/10, 2nd one maybe an 8. Not that you know my subjective scale! Needs to be drunk well before a year to maintain the hoppyness. Or is it hoppiness?

Hoppiness, hoppiness, the greatest gift that I possess
I thank the Lord that I've been blessed
With more than my share of hoppiness

Sorry, don't know what happened there...

Thanks for the info. A bit late for brewing it short, I made it up to 23 litres but I did use 500gm spray malt and 500gm dextrose. I intend to rack it off, prime then bottle.

Thanks again Phil

Latest posts

Back