Hobbies.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a number of lapsed hobbies over the years, there are books and equipment gathering dust testifying to the end of my interest in photography, guitar and learning Spanish. Nowadays with two kids the time to exercise is even difficult but I enjoy running and cycling in particular, I've done two marathons and two triathlons. My favourite sports to watch are cricket and American football, I used to play rugby and love watching it but I don't find it as interesting as I used to. I love reading, particularly military or espionage thrillers and detective novels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per a few others on here wife, house and two young kids (4 & 6) has also put paid to a lot of the things I used to get up to.

The house me and the missus bought together has been a bit of a project so that has taken up a fair bit of time worsened by the fact that we keep adding to it first with a rear extension then later a loft conversion. I redecorated the first room we ever did around 9 years ago early on this summer. It was our bedroom until we had the loft done but it's now my son's and painted in blue as requested. If I ever get to the point where I can say most stuff in the house is done then I have a garden to landscape too.

I try to stay in shape and cycling used to be my thing but I don't have enough time for it at the moment so took up running late last year using the "Couch to 5k" program. I've tried running in the past but never taken to it but now I'm doing a 5k three times a week and I'm currently training for a 10k. Lost over a stone since starting it.

As a family we enjoy the outdoors, we're gradually getting the kids to do more walking, some days they'll happily walk 2-3 miles without complaint, other times it's a real struggle. Enjoy going camping too.

As an Electronics Engineer I do like my tech and gadgets so have a number of computer projects etc. on the go at home.

Aside from the brewing that's about it at the moment.

Before kids I used to do a lot more walking including hill walking, mountain biking, travel, odd bit of fishing, various RC things (cars/copters/drones), and was into my cars. A lightly modified Impreza Turbo was probably the coolest car I ever owned.

I play games on my PS4 - now level 50 on Horizon Zero dawn - sad or what for a 67 year old!

Also do some photography, this is Koo Stark at the Manchester Leica Store

Koo-1-2.JPG

I used to teach martial arts but age and bad knees put paid to that. I fish and hold a world record. I love to travel and am currently planning an india trip.i also do a lot of cycling as it keeps the joints moving without impact.

I used to teach martial arts but age and bad knees put paid to that. I fish and hold a world record. I love to travel and am currently planning an india trip.i also do a lot of cycling as it keeps the joints moving without impact.

What’s the world record ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you go and have a crack at fishing for Mahseer, beats fishing for Barbel.

Apart from HBrewing

Rugby fan (Tigers and England), Cricket too, not so much football but occasionally

Keeping fit, keen swimmer, I also do kettlebells some running and exercise bike (handy with kids), although I often play rugby and cricket with them at weekend now..

I also am learning how to trade on sports exchange markets.

Make sure you go and have a crack at fishing for Mahseer, beats fishing for Barbel.

Mahseer, Barramundi and Mangrove Jacks have taken up a lot of my time in India. I've recently been targeting GTs and Malabar Grouper though, which are fun.

After moving to the country a few years back and turning our house pretty much into an eco home most for my freetime( after running around after 3 kids, 4 cats and a coup full of hens ) is either done keeping our garden in shape, cutting wood for our biomass log boiler or spending time brewing. I do manage to get a couple of rounds of golf in during the summer months each week.

Do love living in the country though, can just sit out with brew and howl at the moon and no one gives a toss.

After moving to the country a few years back and turning our house pretty much into an eco home most for my freetime( after running around after 3 kids, 4 cats and a coup full of hens ) is either done keeping our garden in shape, cutting wood for our biomass log boiler or spending time brewing. I do manage to get a couple of rounds of golf in during the summer months each week.

Do love living in the country though, can just sit out with brew and howl at the moon and no one gives a toss.
so it's you making that b####y noise every night is it:twisted::grin:

Back