Hobbies.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does no-one bother catching and eating them? It's easy enough to make a trap to catch them.

They are delicious; boiled for five minutes in slightly salted water and then served in a paella or cold with mayonnaise and crusty bread.

In. France they have size limits and seasons when the local crayfish can be caught and eaten; and in some areas, the American "invasive" ones can be caught and eaten all year round. :thumb:
Yes mate they do.
They are the yankie ones,signal's:twisted:.Damn things are all over the country now and in pretty well all rivers and lakes.We also have the dubious honour of having Chinease Mitten crabs in the Thames:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Yes mate they do.
They are the yankie ones,signal's:twisted:.Damn things are all over the country now and in pretty well all rivers and lakes.We also have the dubious honour of having Chinease Mitten crabs in the Thames:twisted::twisted::twisted:

At last!!! :thumb:

A sensible reason to live near London! Free crayfish! :thumb: :thumb:

Don't know much about the Mitten Crabs though. "Can you eat them?" is my first response.

Oh, another hobby sprang to mind. From 1972 until 1979 I regularly fished with a 12 foot beam-trawl from a 16ft Orkney Longliner out of Saltfleetby Haven. :thumb:

I still can't work out how I found time to go to work! :lol: :lol:

I have too many hobbies. I like to PC game, right now I'm playing Total War: Warhammer. I used to play bass but I haven't picked it up in months, kind of a shame because I've been playing for almost 15 years and have a degree in music. I also like to make pickles. I spend a lot of time learning to code as well, I find it fun learning software languages and using them for day to day tasks at work (learnt R and MySQL for data analysis, learning python for the same reason, also learning Ruby) and also wanna try making my own games which I'm dipping my toe into. My wife's a farmer so naturally I'm not getting more into horticulture and permaculture.

I have a dog who I spend a lot of time with, he usually accompanies me in my many hobbies, most of which involve him sleeping next to me on the couch whilst I'm on the computer.

At last!!! :thumb:

A sensible reason to live near London! Free crayfish! :thumb: :thumb:

Don't know much about the Mitten Crabs though. "Can you eat them?" is my first response.

Oh, another hobby sprang to mind. From 1972 until 1979 I regularly fished with a 12 foot beam-trawl from a 16ft Orkney Longliner out of Saltfleetby Haven. :thumb:

I still can't work out how I found time to go to work! :lol: :lol:
Na can't eat those
ugly b######s :lol:

I feel like i'm signing up to a dating website !! but

Walking the dog, I live just outside of some beautiful country and the Yorkshire moors, when i'm not walking i do a bit of cycling.
PC gamer, fall out 4, call of duty etc mainly mindless shoot or be shot games. My footie team of choice is Leeds Utd.

PC gamer, fall out 4, call of duty etc mainly mindless shoot or be shot games. My footie team of choice is Leeds Utd.

Fallout 4 was one of the best games i have ever played and i spent countless hours on it, i used to play shooters all the time but rarely do now jump packs ruined it for me, i will be buying Call of Duty WWII as that is kind of where my online gaming first started but i doubt i will be playing online.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4[/ame]

@Chippy_Tea @Pawlo7671 Fallout is a great game but if I start it properly, I will not emerge from my PC for about a month. I'd like to play Skyrim as well, but feel I could sink my life into that and still only scratch the surface.

I'd like to play Skyrim as well, but feel I could sink my life into that and still only scratch the surface.

Lol I've been playing NFS Hot Pursuit since it came out (2011?) and still not bored. This is how sad and desperate my life has become!

I never got on with racing games especially F1 type games i was **** at all of them :lol:

Lol I've been playing NFS Hot Pursuit since it came out (2011?) and still not bored. This is how sad and desperate my life has become!

That's a sign of a great game! I still love going back to games like Pharaoh, Caesar 3, I bought Lords of the Realm 2 in the last Steam sale (it's from 1996). I built a gaming machine which can handle the most demanding games, but I spend more time on these classics!

I never got on with racing games especially F1 type games i was **** at all of them :lol:

The son of a French mate had a motorbike game that I tried out for a couple of hours!

After two hours of multiple "crashes" I managed to complete a whole circuit of the course with a score of something like 120,000 points before handing back to Eric.

I was quite proud of my achievement as Eric took over the joystick; but when he finally "crashed" with a score somewhere in the dozens of millions I suddenly felt terribly old and incompetent. :doh:

I take heart from the fact that Eric will never know the excitement of games like this one!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiShX2pTz9A[/ame]

I well remember the sheer joy of beating my six year old son at this game ... :thumb:

... before he learned how to control the knobs, and I became too busy to play! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

When you are not brewing what do you like to do with your spare time?

I have a physical job so am a bit of a couch potato, i am a big football fan so am glad the new season has started I also spend a lot of time here doing things behind the scenes which eats up a lot of time.

The floor is yours. :thumb:

I play with cannons and blow stuff up.

DSC_4221.jpg

I have been to a couple of the War reenactment events and the cannons were the highlight of the day. (Skip to 1:14)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jMIUadps8[/ame]

Yes they are great fun to be a part of. I'm English Civil War 1642–1651 on the Parliamentarian side artillery. :smile:

I tend to have fairly intense bursts at my hobbies...

Growing my own Veg usually takes affect in Spring...
Surfing over the summer
usually choose a different sport each autumn and then stop after Christmas
Flirt with the idea of getting a classic car but not enough money to justify it

Cooking is probably my only constant hobby and that's because I have to eat 3 times a day!

Brilliant images of cannon fire!

I've been present a few times when the "one o'clock gun" is fired at Edinburgh castle and one of the weird things is that most of the people present cover their ears AFTER the gun is fired. It never fails to amaze me! :lol:

BTW, I once got a French friend looking out to the Firth of Forth so that she could see where the shell landed! :whistle:

Back