Boadicea hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On this subject I thought I would share this experiment with these hops which my wife bought me. I intend to dry hop with these hops as well when the fermentation is nearly complete. I will let you know how it went.

84th brew (4th AG) a variance on the Townes IPA or that was what I was intending but using boudica hop instead of Cascade. So grain bill was 5.5 kg of MO and 220g of Wheat malt but looking at the brew buddy app I thought I would drop the IBU to a normal bitter level and decided on 50g of boudica at 90 instead of 75g and still stuck with the 27g at 15 mins. I started the mash with 17l of strike water as indicated by the App and the mash went really well, staying above or in the temp range. Strike temp was 76. Then sparged using my new method and sparged with 11 l of water at 76c as told by App. Ended up with 20 l of wort and I added 7 litres of water to ensure I had 23l at end of boil. Boil was a pain with it taking ages to get near to boil temp and cutting out when it was near (must try smaller batches). I put the hops in plus 5g of Irish moss with 15 to go. Used Danesstar Notty which needed to be rehydrated for 15 and added this, the beer at fermentation is very very sweet and malty with very little hop profile, very pleasant but so so sweet. OG was 1054 which means that the finished beer, assuming getting to 1010 will be around 6%. Have I put too little hops in this one?

Back