dry hopping. hop selection

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mason

Reaction score
I have a couple of fvs worth of beer about ready for bottling. The next kit I get on I intend to play with a dry hop. For my
first attempt i am going to start with a relatively pale ale. I am thinking fruity as hell pale summer drink.

I want those real grapefruit and peach scents and tastes. I would like to try citra hops.

Does anyone have any recommendations for other, maybe more readily available hops that I should try for that fruity smack in the mouth? Any combos that work very well?
Never dry hopped yet so any tips greatly appreciated.

I only brew two ton kits so far if that makes any difference at all.

Mason

when you brew don't dry hop straight away , leave brew alone for first 4 days then either sterilize a muslin bag (add some marbles etc to help sink as hop bag will float)and pop em in or just chuck em in and sieve brew to a new vessel when ready to bottle/keg (avoid splashing) here is a hop list etc http://www.brupaks.com/BRUPAKS%20HOP%20 ... 202005.htm or check out simply hops on top right of page click on link

Thanks! I'd had a quick browse of thoe links at the top. Have seen others saying leave dry hopping until closer to bottling. But I want a real hit. Want to get the balance between doing it too early and too late right.

mason said:
Thanks! I'd had a quick browse of thoe links at the top. Have seen others saying leave dry hopping until closer to bottling. But I want a real hit. Want to get the balance between doing it too early and too late right.

Citra is a beast of a hop. I would the beer ferment out and when it has dropped to final gravity go with dry hopping then. The muslin bag idea is a very valid one...

Yep, the teabag sort of route seems to be a winner. Want to find some citra, really enjoyed three beers recently that were heavily citra flavoured and gorgeous to drink.

Latest posts

Back