Fife flyers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alawlor66430

Landlord.
Reaction score
I took my eldest son for a bIt of 1 on 1 time to see the fife flyers last night playing the hull stingrays, it was our first ice hockey match and I have to say, it was brilliant, what a good night out, the atmosphere was very rowdy, there was a bar and a cafe in there and the game was good to (4-2 to us) I would recommend ice hockey to anyone on here who hasn't been before!!!!

Best game in the world,better than football.Been a Sheffield Steelers fan for 18 years.Before that Durham Wasps.

Oi oi now whats wrong wi fife lol, better than the football I thought more of an atmosphere, and did I mention it had a bar lol

There is quite the rivalry over the Tay between Dundee and Fife. Both lower end teams but play with heart and upset the big boys from time to time.

The EIHL is a 10 team league and its split into two conferences which despite their names are the 'haves' and 'have nots'. The Scottish game is healthy though and interest is growing. You wont find a rink in the country with more character than the old barn in Kirkcaldy, however if you venture over to Dundee, you can have a drink while you watch, not just in the bar! :cheers:

I'm in vicous trap with this :(

I was introduced to ice hockey by watching the Shefffield Steelers while I was studenting (free pass for some reason or other) and now live in South Wales so get my occasional fix by watching the Cardiff Devils every now and then.

When you say 4:2, was that goals, or punch ups? :D Although admittedly the on ice 'violence' appears to have dropped off the last few years :)

There was still a bit of on ice violence, so really it's an all round good night, beer, sport, violence and to round it all off, hot dogs :-D

alawlor66430 said:
There was still a bit of on ice violence, so really it's an all round good night, beer, sport, violence and to round it all off, hot dogs :-D

I have a theory that controlled violence on the pitch / rink leads to friendly fans, where as a bunch of big girls blouses screaming until the wet sponge arrives leads to unfriendly fans ;)

I have fond memories of one of the Steelers taking his gloves off to hit one of the opposition, problem being the opposition kept his helmet on :D That got him 5 in the sin bin :)

TRXnMe said:
alawlor66430 said:

I have a theory that controlled violence on the pitch / rink leads to friendly fans, where as a bunch of big girls blouses screaming until the wet sponge arrives leads to unfriendly fans ;)

I have fond memories of one of the Steelers taking his gloves off to hit one of the opposition, problem being the opposition kept his helmet on :D That got him 5 in the sin bin :)
I like your theory

Back