Always make sure it's in properly!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growler

Regular.
Reaction score
:D :D
I recently aquired a beer engine and in a rush to get ready for a party I got a check valve and connected it to a de pressured corny ready to go

but to my horror it wouldn't pull properly I would pull and get nothing from the pump till it was about half way through the stroke :(

after struggling with it taking 4 to 5 pulls to fill a pint I assumed the seals must have gone and I would need to look into it

but yesterday I was about to dismantle it to have a look when I noticed the beer line from the keg to the check valve didn't look right I gave it a check and found that it was only in the fitting a quarter of an inch pushed it in properly and now it works perfectly :doh: :doh:

Me and the missus was feeling a bit corny at the weekend so i gave her my spigot to have a play with.

Sadly the night ended in disaster when I opened my relief valve prematurely and sparged over her fermenting bucket!! :whistle: :drink: :whistle:

hopefully fermentation will not be too vigorous.

Latest posts

Back