Which of these is best quality?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about best, but beaverdale are solid kits :thumb:

if you want to spend over £45 just top it up with some beer yeast or hops etc.

I am not a seasoned drinker. However, I have found the solomon grundy rose to be delicious at the bottling stage (never mind after its matured a wee bit!)

Ken ridge classic are a good kit with 10L of juice, beaverdale and California are also good kits with 7.5L juice, I have used all three and like them all.

I've made Beaverdale and Californian connoisseur kit and both are spot on. I bought them from Creative and topped up with corks/shrink caps etc to get over the £45 mark. :grin:

I would suggest cellar 7 cabernet sauvignon, having tried a range of others. There is a limit to the quality that can be achieved from red grape concentrate compared with fresh wine grapes, I have found the more expensive kits of no significant better quality in terms of colour, body and flavour, despite the higher quantity of concentrate supplied. The best grapes go into the best wines and the rest go into inferior wine or concentrate. Freshly squeezed orange juice has an altogether different quality compared with budget juice made from concentrate, to make an obvious comparison.

Latest posts

Back