Coopers Canadian Blonde

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starkid721

Reaction score
Hi all,

This will be my third kit, but my first one-can kit. Am actually a bit excited about how I can make this beer "mine"!

I plan to start it tomorrow night, but wanted to check about additions. Coopers recommend using the Brew Enhancer 2. However, my previous two brews have both come out with ABV lower than predicted, so I wanted to add something to tackle this (I'm probably not getting all the mix out of the cans, or adding too much water initially).

If I used the Brew Enhancer as instructed, could I add 250g of light spray malt at the same time? I would aim to add a hop tea to the FV after primary fermentation. Am I right in thinking that the spray malt would add flavour and body to the brew as well as providing more sugar for the yeast to work on thus producing more ABV at the end?

Apologies for what are almost certainly dim-witted newbie questions :oops:

Hi all,

This will be my third kit, but my first one-can kit. Am actually a bit excited about how I can make this beer "mine"!

I plan to start it tomorrow night, but wanted to check about additions. Coopers recommend using the Brew Enhancer 2. However, my previous two brews have both come out with ABV lower than predicted, so I wanted to add something to tackle this (I'm probably not getting all the mix out of the cans, or adding too much water initially).

If I used the Brew Enhancer as instructed, could I add 250g of light spray malt at the same time? I would aim to add a hop tea to the FV after primary fermentation. Am I right in thinking that the spray malt would add flavour and body to the brew as well as providing more sugar for the yeast to work on thus producing more ABV at the end?

Your thinking is correct, extra fermentables and so abv but also body from the dme.

Hi all,

Your thinking is correct, extra fermentables and so abv but also body from the dme.

i knocked this up today with brew enhancer 1 also 500g of light spray malt i had lying around i will dry hop too

I did the Canadian Blonde with 1kg extra-light DME and dry hopped, bottled at the end of Feb. Gave a few bottled to my mate over the weekend - his message to me today "My god Iain that beer is delicious!" :thumb:

I did the Canadian Blonde with 1kg extra-light DME and dry hopped, bottled at the end of Feb. Gave a few bottled to my mate over the weekend - his message to me today "My god Iain that beer is delicious!" :thumb:
I've got 1kg muntons spraymalt light,is that the same thing? What dry hops did you use, how much and when did you add them. Do you know what abv you got. Sorry for the questions.
Cheers

Back