New Guy - Belfast area

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ovskip

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi,

I am not very experienced brewer, however there has always been some wine/spirits making traditions in my family. I'm Polish, currently living in Belfast area.

Currently I'm sticking to dead simple recipes using malt extract + hops. Making some hopped cider as well a the moment. I'm using mostly DIY equipment. Also kegerator construction is ongoing ;)

Cheers!

Hi Ovskip, East Belfast here. There's a few on here from the city and several more across N.I. but the forum in general is very friendly and help with the most trivial problems.

There's also 2 brewing clubs that I know of, one in Brewbot on the Ormeau Road and one run by the House of Home brew in Belmont Church hall.

What sort of brews are you making (recipes?)

Just wanted to say Hi,

I am not very experienced brewer, however there has always been some wine/spirits making traditions in my family. I'm Polish, currently living in Belfast area.

Currently I'm sticking to dead simple recipes using malt extract + hops. Making some hopped cider as well a the moment. I'm using mostly DIY equipment. Also kegerator construction is ongoing ;)

Cheers!

Welcome fellow brewer :cheers

Hi & welcome to the forum ovskip. Know any really good Polish beer recipes?

Not really, but this is a very popular hop type in PL http://beerlegends.com/marynka-hops

Hi Ovskip, East Belfast here. There's a few on here from the city and several more across N.I. but the forum in general is very friendly and help with the most trivial problems.

There's also 2 brewing clubs that I know of, one in Brewbot on the Ormeau Road and one run by the House of Home brew in Belmont Church hall.

What sort of brews are you making (recipes?)

I've done 1 lager and 1 ale using maris otter malt extract and some random hops - didn't follow any recipe really, just trying out at the moment. I want to get the feel of the proccess before going further. I will surely check these places you mentioned at some point. Working a lot atm so little time left for hobbies unfortuantely.

Do you happen to know were to source CO2 supplies from around here? im looking to set up carbonation rig, got corny kegs already, but need all the rest - co2 canister etc. Do you know anyone with experience in that?

Not really, but this is a very popular hop type in PL http://beerlegends.com/marynka-hops

I've done 1 lager and 1 ale using maris otter malt extract and some random hops - didn't follow any recipe really, just trying out at the moment. I want to get the feel of the proccess before going further. I will surely check these places you mentioned at some point. Working a lot atm so little time left for hobbies unfortuantely.

Do you happen to know were to source CO2 supplies from around here? im looking to set up carbonation rig, got corny kegs already, but need all the rest - co2 canister etc. Do you know anyone with experience in that?

Hiya, if you are venturing up to GEB to pick up stuff at any point there is a place just outside Ballymena that now keeps Co2. Look up Heron Agri and ask him if he has any in stock, i got a bottle a couple of months ago and he had 1 left but was ordering more, he stocks the Hobbyweld range of gases and i had asked him to get some Co2 in, he charges the hobbyweld prices so its £60 to rent the tank (refundable) and £25 for the fill of gas, with VAT it's a £90 spend initially but £25 every time after that.

Nifex in West Belfast will fill a CO2 bottle, not sure if they sell them but it would do no harm in asking. You could ask a local Fire Extinguisher place if they can get you a bottle. I was lucky in that a local brewer went to England and sourced me and another forumite a bottle each for £25.

Just curious Chewie, does that place sell a Nitrogen mix? I'd be interested for making a stout which is my tipple of choice.

Nifex in West Belfast will fill a CO2 bottle, not sure if they sell them but it would do no harm in asking. You could ask a local Fire Extinguisher place if they can get you a bottle. I was lucky in that a local brewer went to England and sourced me and another forumite a bottle each for �£25.

Just curious Chewie, does that place sell a Nitrogen mix? I'd be interested for making a stout which is my tipple of choice.

Hobbyweld don't do mixed dispense gasses atm afaik, he got in two of there food grade Co2 when i enquired and said he would order more when i picked one of them up. Unfortunately i think BOC are the only ones who supply mixed gasses over here though i haven't done any research for ROI. A pub cylinder for Guinness is 70/30 N2/Co2.

Just wanted to say Hi,

Cheers!

Belated welcome. For research purposes the brew bot and the woodworkers are good!

Latest posts

Back