Muntons Old Conkerwood

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I have this in the FV and it's been in for two weeks,had a taste tonight and it's very malty/toffee and maybe liquorice flavoured.
This may sound good to some but I like a bit more hop flavour so I chucked in 20g of Styrian Goldings and 10g of Cascade pellets hops as I wasn't sure what to put in it.
I am looking to add maybe another 30-60g of hops but don't know what will work well,any suggestions would be great,I have the following hops in the freezer.
Amarillo 30g
Nelson Sauvin 70g
Citra 30g
Styrian Goldings 50g
Cheers :hat:

I made one of these, unaltered, a while back. Funny tasting stuff - I got through the whole 40 pints and still wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. I guess I probably did though, as I would make another one if I came across one in my LHBS.

I'm guessing at the style of beer by the name as being some kind of English Old Ale/ESB type thing in which case the Goldings would be the most appropriate IMHO.

But the fun with this home brewing lark is you can do anything you want.:cheers:

In case anyone is interested this has turned out very nice indeed, black as you like and very tasty.
I never drink stout or porter so couldnt compare but it tastes malty with a bit of liquorice and a fair bit hoppy.next time i would add even more hops although it ended up quite pricey,around £30 for 40 pints.
Cheers

Back