Evil dog IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 days in & its fermenting away well, just added remaining hops & taken a reading of 10.07 (it read 10.60 at start).I dont think this is going to take two weeks to ferment as most people have said but will keep it in for two anyway.Its still pretty cloudy but a taste test revealed it to already be pretty good, very hoppy & slightly bitter just the way I like it. Will upload pics after 10 days for reference for anyone planning on brewing this.

Mine was done after about 8 days. Lobbed it into keg then. Left it warm for about two weeks with additional sugar then put to cool. It's a really nice drink. But strong.

Well mine has nearly gone. I need to be in the mood for it but friends loved it. 4 pints and I'm well on the way though. :-)

Mine was in for 4 weeks and a day starting SG1070 finishing SG1010 and I up water to 25l - bottled this week and got 44 bottles out of it.

Day 10 and its reading 1003- it's a lot lighter than it was but still cloudy

image.jpg

day 12 and its reading 1002, this ale is going to be strooong! considering dropping some fuggle finishing hops in that i have lieing about as I like my drinks hoppy and think I put the other hops in too early- what do u think?

Mines been in the PB now for roughly a week, I had a taste yesterday and I really didn't like it, had a sort of fruity homebrew taste which I didn't like at all, it wasn't citrussy more other fruit, just hope it improves with age as I'm not looking forward to drinking 40 pints if it stays like that!

Mines been in the PB now for roughly a week, I had a taste yesterday and I really didn't like it, had a sort of fruity homebrew taste which I didn't like at all, it wasn't citrussy more other fruit, just hope it improves with age as I'm not looking forward to drinking 40 pints if it stays like that!

it will come good trust me on that I drank all mine within seven weeks of kegging and wish i had taken longer with it the last couple of pints were amazing :)

If it still does not work for you ill glady swap an empty keg for your full one ;)

Mine has been in warm conditioning now for 2 weeks nearly so will be moving to cool garage for a further 4 weeks.

I had never done a premium kit before and wasn't sure about not adding sugar as I have done this with previous cheaper kits. So I added 300g sugar and 500g of brew enhancer with a starting sg of 1070 I think its a guess :doh:( I forgot to get SG reading due to excitement) the finishing SG was 1010 so works out about 7.88 I believe.

I cant wait to crack one of these open.

Bottled mine today, got 35 500ml bottles out of it. At £22 for the kit that works out at 69p a bottle at an estimated 7.6%ABV. Had a taste test and the strong alcohol taste has gone, its not super hoppy but has a nice taste to it, even flat and unconditioned. Will report back in two weeks when I take it out the warm and stick it in my 'man cave' (basically my garage with a fridge,tv and a chair)

Just opened a bottle and it exploded out!! Frothed up wasting about a 3rd- hope this settles down after it's been in the cold. It's got a fruity taste to it which isn't too unpleasant but needs a few more weeks before its drinkable. I had high hopes for this which are diminishing as time goes on.

The fruity will go. Mine did. I kegged mine though. Not sure if that will make any difference. But the taste did mellow out and it was honestly lovely. My Mrs who doesn't like beer that much and was sceptical of my new hobby of making beer said shed pay for a pint of it.

Im just gonna sick it in the garage and leave it a few weeks before I give it a try. Got a Stout just bottled so Im wondering what to go with next, any suggestions?

Why don't you try on of HBC'S extract kits. You get steeping grains to add some depth and hops. Good results and leads you towards AG BREWING! There discovery Ipa is fine!!

If your doing lots My mate did a wherry kit that was alright. I did a festival landlord a while ago that turned out good. Festival pilgrims choice ( some thing like that ). I tasted at local homebrew shop. That was a nice drink too.

cheers lads will have a look at ur suggestions. I want to be well stocked for summer, so try ing to get as many done as I can in the limited room that I have.

Well the fruity mouthwash taste has subsided thankfully! It's actually quite drinkable now although 4 pints at 7.5% on a school night leaves me a bit sketchy in the morning on a 6am start at work!
Still nowhere near as hoppy as I was hoping and there would be a other kits I tried before coming back to this one although I wouldn't rule out doing it again.

Latest posts

Back