All grain first timer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_city_of_homebrew

Reaction score
Hi all.

After finally getting everything I need, I am attempting my first all grain brew tonight.

As most of the family and friends are lager drinkers, I've stumped for a Stella Artois clone. Might not to be everyone's taste but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Gonna do brew in a bag style this time, should I be aware of any potential issues? Guy at my LHBS suggests 500g dextrose to the brew to give it an authentic taste similar to Stella.

Can't wait!

I think Stella is just Pilsner malt and Saaz hops. No sugar. The original Belgian version anyway, the stuff brewed in the UK now could well be different, probably UK malt and may well have sugar added. M first ever beer in public was a glass of Stella on holiday in Ostende when I was 14, I was surprised my mum offered to buy me it! Barbados (oh, I'm going to...) was No.1 at the time. It was a quality lager, malty and hoppy, nothing like the stuff on keg you find in every bar here nowadays.

Are you going to use lager yeast at lager fermentation temperature?

Hi all.

After finally getting everything I need, I am attempting my first all grain brew tonight.

As most of the family and friends are lager drinkers, I've stumped for a Stella Artois clone. Might not to be everyone's taste but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Gonna do brew in a bag style this time, should I be aware of any potential issues? Guy at my LHBS suggests 500g dextrose to the brew to give it an authentic taste similar to Stella.

Can't wait!

Sorry mate but stella is just bad news, brew a blonde (they wont know the difference), pm me and I will give you a brill recipe.

Regards

Whats your brew length ?

I think Stella is just Pilsner malt and Saaz hops. No sugar. The original Belgian version anyway, the stuff brewed in the UK now could well be different, probably UK malt and may well have sugar added. M first ever beer in public was a glass of Stella on holiday in Ostende when I was 14, I was surprised my mum offered to buy me it! Barbados (oh, I'm going to...) was No.1 at the time. It was a quality lager, malty and hoppy, nothing like the stuff on keg you find in every bar here nowadays.

Are you going to use lager yeast at lager fermentation temperature?

Hi mate.

Yeah brewing with a brewferm lager yeast, thinking around 12 degrees.

Latest posts

Back