Wilkinsons Pinot Grigio Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wino2012

Regular.
Reaction score
Egg on face :oops:

This kit took nearly 10 weeks to ferment out :shock: I swopped the yeast so I only have myself to blame!

It is now cleared and bulk ageing, one Demi has been oaked as an experiment. I have to say its not that bad. I dont think it really knows what it is, but it is similar to a Grigio. I would say it is close to pineapple WOW's, but not as good, but does need to age a bit.
Even tho it fermented out to 990 it is still strangely a bit sweet, but again that may mellow with time, and a bit thin.
All in all I think this will be quite a good quaffing white, and for 18 quid, I'm not complaining. STICK WITH THE SUPPLIED YEAST :D

However, my 25ltr FV is now free, so here we go with a WGJ, Pineapple and Grapefuit WOW :cheers:

I've just bought one of those and will be brewing it in a week or so when my FV comes free. Think I'll stick with the kit yeast!

Its still a bit sweet, and would recommend oaking it after ferment. SWMBO loves it :cheers:

I bought a 10g sachet of oak chips from my local home brew shop, was around a quid. Just pour boiling water over around 3g, leave to cool then pass the liquid through a seive into the wine. You can add the chip during fermentation, but I have found it works better once the wine has been fined. It may need another rack after a month or so as the oak does leave a small deposit. It really does alter the character of the wine :thumb:

Have had this ageing for 6 months and I'm still very disappointed, lacks any kind of depth of flavour.
In my experience, you can make a far better bottle, much cheaper using supermarket grape juice.

Just chucked the lot. Couldnt stomach it and just wasn't getting any better after 6 months

I struggled to get mine to ferment right out (was stuck at 998-1000) so I bottled it anyway as my wife prefers the sweeter side of medium.

It is sweet, but passable!

just bought this kit my first attempt at making wine so bought all the equipment also I was wondering would I be able to use granulated sugar instead of the brewers sugar as I havent any or should I trudge back to wilkos 13 miles and get what it says on the tin.thanks I have just joined and hope to make some wine without the kit next time.

Latest posts

Back