fruit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dps51

Landlord.
Reaction score
have anybody used fruit in any of there brews they have made.
if so which fruit and how did it turn out.

I banged a load of raspberries in wheat beer yesterday... :thumb:

WP_20170121_15_13_33_Pro.jpg

Used 300 grams of frozen raspberries in a cervera and used them same as dry hopping after initial fermentation had died off for 5 days,although the OG came out at 1005 the beer still retained a sweetness,its still in the cornie now more than two months on and hoping it will mellow a tad,will find out pretty soon

I used 2kg of plums in my Christmas plum porter. I lightly stewed them and then added them for the last 10 minutes of the boil. They weren't great plums (it was late October when I bought them) but the flavour really didn't make an impact on the beer.

I added some natural plum extract from a company called Uncle Roy's. I really rate the extract. It worked a treat and gave me a great plum flavoured beer.

I cooked 2 mangoes and added it to a NZ pale kit. Tastes good, just taking a while to condition with the cold weather.

I added 200g of mixed fruit that had been soaked in whiskey for a week at the dry hop stage in a secondary fermenter for my Christmas beer.At first drink on boxing night it was overpowered by cardamom and nutmeg,but now I'm down to my last of 18 bottles as I split the brew with a mate who also brews and it has really mellowed with the fruit Coming through.Definitely give it a go👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

Latest posts

Back