Draught beer vs Bottled beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One day this week I had a bottle of Brew Dog Punk IPA and a Dead Pony. I had never bothered trying the bottles before because there is a Brew Dog bar in Brighton which I have been in once. The beer really wasnt that good in there so I never bothered with Brew Dog again. I thought I would try it though and the bottled beer is completely different to what I got in their bar. A far nicer beer in bottles. I guess they have a not great set up.

The people I was with didnt really like the bar either. It had lots of bright lights all over the place and was full of trendy men in their skinny jeans and shirts with bushy beards, I call them sheep as they have to follow the latest trend, drive around in their white cars (I love the fact they are white as I call them sheep cars, particularly Audi's which are the "in" thing). There were probably about 50 people in there and about 45 fitted this description not counting us. It was all very pretentious. My friends I was with are both coeliac so we went there so they could try the gluten free beer, but said although it was nice to have a pint of beer again it was not worth it to stay in that bar.

P.S. no offence to beardy tw*ts on here :lol:

...the dreaded hipsters!

I knew they had a name but couldnt remember it. Another part of the symptoms I get from my food intolerance, if something affects me I have a memory like on of those things with holes in.

One day this week I had a bottle of Brew Dog Punk IPA and a Dead Pony. I had never bothered trying the bottles before because there is a Brew Dog bar in Brighton which I have been in once. The beer really wasnt that good in there so I never bothered with Brew Dog again. I thought I would try it though and the bottled beer is completely different to what I got in their bar. A far nicer beer in bottles. I guess they have a not great set up.

The people I was with didnt really like the bar either. It had lots of bright lights all over the place and was full of trendy men in their skinny jeans and shirts with bushy beards, I call them sheep as they have to follow the latest trend, drive around in their white cars (I love the fact they are white as I call them sheep cars, particularly Audi's which are the "in" thing). There were probably about 50 people in there and about 45 fitted this description not counting us. It was all very pretentious. My friends I was with are both coeliac so we went there so they could try the gluten free beer, but said although it was nice to have a pint of beer again it was not worth it to stay in that bar.

P.S. no offence to beardy tw*ts on here :lol:

Sounds a bit like the Blue Oyster Bar.
You didn't by chance get forced into a foxtrot by a 'bear' ? :lol:

Hipsters are pushing the craft beer movement don't you know. Or at least that's what every pretentious beer advert would have you think.

Some guy pouring a bottle of beer, wearing a plaid shirt and skinny jeans, thick rimmed glasses and a rediculous beard.

You know the type, they'd look more at home in an alpine forest with an axe in hand, if it weren't for the skin tight jeans.

Bottled beers are generally pasteurised, which adversely affects the flavour (or some might say completely destroys the flavour).

And those of us who don't subscribe to CAMRA's outdated views on pasturisation and Forced Carbonation would say it makes no difference.

Hipsters are pushing the craft beer movement don't you know. Or at least that's what every pretentious beer advert would have you think.

Some guy pouring a bottle of beer, wearing a plaid shirt and skinny jeans, thick rimmed glasses and a rediculous beard.

You know the type, they'd look more at home in an alpine forest with an axe in hand, if it weren't for the skin tight jeans.

That will be any BrewDog bar then

BrewDog...Their beer is good, no, its very good, but I dont want it served to me by some beardy weirdo, who is under the strange impression, that they know more about beer than I do...and that will be £7.00 please.

BrewDog...Their beer is good, no, its very good, but I dont want it served to me by some beardy weirdo, who is under the strange impression, that they know more about beer than I do...and that will be �£7.00 please.

They do know more about beer that you do, they know how to charge £7 a pint :lol:

maybe you weren't looking hipster enough therefore you can't know anything about beer. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for the next time my local Brewdog question my choice of 'unusual' beer , a sour, saison or gueze. e.g would you like to try a sample you might not like it.

it's either going to be....

seeing as my own brew made the final of your companies competition I think I know enough about brewing to order a beer I like.:-P

or

kindly choose anything from the board for me, because I know all of those beers and like them all!

or

as long as it's not clown shoes Blaecorn Unidragon because I found that to be overpriced and distinctly disappointing when compared to my king kong :lol::lol:

seriously though it was a bit of a backwards step for BD Cardiff to remove one pinball table and the old N64 and swap them with two pool tables. the cues catch on the wall for some shots :doh:

Just reading this thinking "I'm glad I don't have any plaid shirts and will not wear skinny jeans." Just in case someone mistakes me for one of those types. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been stalking me Grizzly, i must install cctv

Have you been stalking me Grizzly, i must install cctv

If you do that Mrs pms will be able to see what you get up to!!!!

And as for the hipsters, they do help with the craft beer popularity, which is good for them (they are drinking better beer) and it is good for us (we get a better choice of beer). Whatever I think of them, I am grateful that they are helping us to have a better choice of beer. Just think back to the days when you would into a pub and you had a choice of lager or something like John Smiths, many really were that bad. These days I expect anywhere to have at least 3 real ales.

...off to centre parks next month and they have....carlsberg, Stella, Guinness and John smiths...usually...and usually dreadful! I might take a crate of my own!

Cheers

Clint

My pub of choice still shuts in the afternoon, it has one barrel of each ale and when its gone its gone until it(if) appears again in future, once a new barrel is set up its left to settle for the correct time and you always get a good pint at the right temp! A professional cellar and barman he is indeed! Always at least 6 ales on tap and always something new to excite you and not a pair of skinny jeans in sight, always ales from smaller obscure brewerys to be had.

When a barrel of big name beer arrives, tim taylor for example it is completely different from the cellar slop version of the same beer in another local chain pub/restaurant

All hail the quality boozer

Back