Brewferm Tarwebier Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done this kit twice now, the second time i dry hopped with cascade to see what happened and after what i thought was a disaster it turned out really well. Thinking about doing it again this time swapping the yeast for a bavarian wheat yeast to see what i get! :hat:

The more you do the better you get at it, so don't worry about your first attempt!

Hi Monte,
Did you use a different yeast when brewing this kit? And if so which one?. I have an out of date Brewferm Tarwebier without any yeast.

Thinking of using either Wyeast 3942 or munich yeast and assume one packet 11g will be sufficient. I
will probably use half golden syrup and half cane sugar.

Also I am keen to understand the secondary fermentation scenario, this is a new one for me. I am thinking of keeping in primary for the duration and batch prime in a keg. I usually draw about half for bottling and add extra co2 into the keg to help pressurise.

Welcome any thoughts, I'm not starting for a few weeks until I get my hands on the yeast.

Cheers.

Back