Giving up things this new years?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
I once gave up things, woke up one morning when the sun was shining (remember the shinny orb in the sky). I didn't want to smoke, well gave it up and then gave up caffine and meat/fish all in one day.

Roll on 3 months had 2 small cigars at a wedding, didn't count them as smoking. 4 Months in and looked in mirror was looking a little pasty, 6 months in and thought I'll have a cup of tea, 7 months in back to triple expresso.

1 year in, thought pipe tobacco not smoking but then starting rolling it....lol.....13 months in back to 60 a day.

14 months in fish isn't meat, started eating shark (honest) very like pork would eat everyday :)

5 years in, break down of vege' in one day - woke up and smelt bacon. walked to shop, bought bacon, pork pies, pepperami ( ate in shop), spam, burger, 2 meat pies and a kebab later. All eat that day.

2 months later was in a french rest' sister invited, and hadn't realised, as she said you've gone from an almost vegan diet to raw meat with blood. I then noticed I had ordered rare steak with running blood and was throughly ejoying it :lol:

What's your experience?

I've not given up stuff as sutch. ...I really haven't drunk coffee for around 3 years as during a chest infection I couldn't stomach it ...don't know why but it was off for me....I still won't drink it..
I used to love coffee...

Cheers

Clint

I once gave up things, woke up one morning when the sun was shining (remember the shinny orb in the sky). I didn't want to smoke, well gave it up and then gave up caffine and meat/fish all in one day.

Roll on 3 months had 2 small cigars at a wedding, didn't count them as smoking. 4 Months in and looked in mirror was looking a little pasty, 6 months in and thought I'll have a cup of tea, 7 months in back to triple expresso.

1 year in, thought pipe tobacco not smoking but then starting rolling it....lol.....13 months in back to 60 a day.

14 months in fish isn't meat, started eating shark (honest) very like pork would eat everyday :)

5 years in, break down of vege' in one day - woke up and smelt bacon. walked to shop, bought bacon, pork pies, pepperami ( ate in shop), spam, burger, 2 meat pies and a kebab later. All eat that day.

2 months later was in a french rest' sister invited, and hadn't realised, as she said you've gone from an almost vegan diet to raw meat with blood. I then noticed I had ordered rare steak with running blood and was throughly ejoying it :lol:

What's your experience?

Im glad im not your neighbour! Think your on the road to cannibalism 😂

The only thing I've given up on new years day is new years eve. Around 18-19 years ago, haven't looked back. No hangover ruining a bank holiday, no feigned goodwill to the idiots you'd normally give a wide berth to and no more getting charged to go to the pubs that you've supported for the other 50 weeks of the year, ungrateful bastards.

Embrace the misery. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Easier to list what I won't give up living with a piscarian which means most meals are meat free( fish allowed) and if I want different I have to cook myself so easier to go with the wife's flow.so what I won't give up is beer and scratchings,anything else is up for consideration

The happiest year of my life was when I fulfilled my ONLY New Year Resolution ...

... which was to NOT give up anything that I enjoyed.

I stipulated in my mind that my activities mustn't be illegal or immoral and if they were fattening I had to eat smaller portions; but apart from that I was free to do anything I enjoyed. :thumb:

The year was spent drinking large quantities of whisky, puffing away at innumerable tobacco products, eating a wide variety of foods and watching a lot of dawns arrive as my friends and I put the world to rights in an alcoholic haze.

At the end of that year I only weighed an extra kilo and felt a great sense of achievement at fulfilling the only New Year Resolution I had made.

It was a "One and only time!" for me and I can recommend it to others! :thumb: :thumb:

Gave up coffee one day - a few years back....but I couldn't understand the raging hangover I suffered a couple of days later. (Worse than any alcohol induced one that I've experienced). Went to see the GP, he put me straight. Drank a small latté, headache went in about 30mins...I drink a little of the stuff now, 2-3 times a week. Frightened by the thought of another never-ending thumper:doh:

Latest posts

Back