Warning, Incoming noob

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zero94

Reaction score
Hello people,
First off I am a complete novice when it comes to brewing, never done it and don't actually know where to start really.
Anyways bit about me.......
I am stuck in Liverpool, am 23, would kill for a gallon of Flying Dog Raging Bitch and that's about all that interesting.
Will say this though, there is a very very very high chance I will ask some possibly daft questions.
Cheers Guys.

Cheers mate, any recommendations on where to start, I need to get literally everything as I have no kit or ingredients.
Been looking at picking up some stuff from Wilkonsins seeing as its pretty affordable.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Ask away however daft you think the question is it's the only way you will find the a answer..

Hello people,
First off I am a complete novice when it comes to brewing, never done it and don't actually know where to start really.
Anyways bit about me.......
I am stuck in Liverpool, am 23, would kill for a gallon of Flying Dog Raging Bitch and that's about all that interesting.
Will say this though, there is a very very very high chance I will ask some possibly daft questions.
Cheers Guys.

welcome m8.
ive been brewing ova 30+ years and always ask question...as i always say if you dont know the question its not stupid. the only stupid thing is dont ask for advice and cock it up!! but weve all been there.....and doing the same mistake twice...like somebody i can mention:whistle:..(me!)
so enjoy the journey pal.
your in good hands for help.:thumb:
lata
Bri

Cheers mate, any recommendations on where to start, I need to get literally everything as I have no kit or ingredients.
Been looking at picking up some stuff from Wilkonsins seeing as its pretty affordable.

Wilkinsons is a good place to start. You should be able to get a kit, fermenting bin, long handled spoon, sterilizing gear, etc, all from them. Enough to get you started without hurting your wallet too much.

Welcome to the forum and ask as many dopey questions as you like....we all did the same at the begining...! :doh:

Keep an eye on the sales forums here you often see kit at decent prices and sometimes members give it away free of charge.

Welcome pal, ask away on the forum about how to get started then take a visit to lovebrewing in Tuebrook to tweak your interest even more. They have a great range of stuff there and there's nowt like a face to face discussion to help make up your mind

Welcome!

All I can say is start with a kit, see how you feel about it. You can turn out some pretty good beer from one can kits even if you follow their instructions. If you get the brewing bug then grab some brewing books, spend some time here and get some advice from the good people of this forum. Most importantly, have fun!

Welcome, get yourself down to love brewing and get yourself a basic kit to brew with, they do their own extract kits (beerworks)great quality for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi there and welcome, im a newbie too but the others on here are most helpful and quick at answering your questions, i bought most of my stuff at wilkinsons, excluding my vodka kit, its going well and in its final stages just trying to get it clear now from adding the charcoal via the instructions, hopefully the finnings are going to clear it or i could bottle it and give it away as liquorice vodi ha,

Welcome, I'm in Liverpool too.
Try a visit to the LoveBrewing shop in Tuebrook, the owner likes to chat about brewing and gives some good advice.
As marlon says, Wilkos is good for basic equipment.

Get in touch with the Liverpool homebrewers club who meet up at the Black Lodge Brewery, L1 0AN.
They are a good bunch of guys and will be happy to help out a newbie with advice tips etc

DA

Latest posts

Back