Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chippy_Tea said:
Have a look at the video below from 11:50 onwards, it shows the finished wine, if you use KwiK Clear as he does don't use a full syringe of part A and B you only need 2ml for the cloudiest wine, a full syringe is 10ml. :doh:

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJQQdkS0JAw

I used 'clear it' fining's as directed... my wine looks as clear but a deeper colour orange.. ill take a pic tomorrow...
I notice he racks it again.. do you have to add campden tablets and fining's again if racked again?

You rack it to a sterile DJ onto a crushed campden tab, degas,stabilise and add finings, when it is clear you can bottle it.

Chippy_Tea said:
You rack it to a sterile DJ onto a crushed campden tab, degas,stabilise and add finings, when it is clear you can bottle it.

yeah... ive done that.. im on day 5 after this step :)

The wow is on the left..

the focus bit shabby.. u can read all the print.. the california kit is on the right

below (l-r) wow, california white kit, california zinfandel blush

below (l-r) cherry wow, apple & blackberry wow, apple wow, 5g orange, apple & mango wow

Without doubt my favourite white is Marlborough Sav Blanc. The best I have tasted comes it at around £12.99 a bottle

I have been fiddling around for yonks trying to replicate it, and this is the closest I have got to to it yet:

1 ltr WGJ
1ltr Pineapple - not from concentrate
1 ltr apple juice
700g sugar
pectolase
cup of strong tea
juice of 1 lemon
nutrient
GV9 Champagne Yeast
Juice (no pips) of 3 passion fruits

Put in apple juice, WGJ, inverted sugar and half the pinapple juice. top to just below the shoulder. All the usual suspects. When the initial ferment has calmed down add the remaining pineapple juice and top up as far as you dare. After another 2 days add the juice of the passion fruits, top to the neck and ferment out completely. This only took 12 days start to finish. Is bloody lovely even though only 1 week old. This wine can only get better

wino2012 said:
Without doubt my favourite white is Marlborough Sav Blanc. The best I have tasted comes it at around £12.99 a bottle

I have been fiddling around for yonks trying to replicate it, and this is the closest I have got to to it yet:

1 ltr WGJ
1ltr Pineapple - not from concentrate
1 ltr apple juice
700g sugar
pectolase
cup of strong tea
juice of 1 lemon
nutrient
GV9 Champagne Yeast
Juice (no pips) of 3 passion fruits

Put in apple juice, WGJ, inverted sugar and half the pinapple juice. top to just below the shoulder. All the usual suspects. When the initial ferment has calmed down add the remaining pineapple juice and top up as far as you dare. After another 2 days add the juice of the passion fruits, top to the neck and ferment out completely. This only took 12 days start to finish. Is bloody lovely even though only 1 week old. This wine can only get better

think ill have a go with this when i either finish what ive got on the go now or when i clean more djs :) My spare room smells of oranges lol

think ill have a go with this when i either finish what ive got on the go now or when i clean more djs :) My spare room smells of oranges lol

I don't like pineapple so have never made one, i did an apple/mango and WGJ and that turned out very nice.

Chippy_Tea said:

I don't like pineapple so have never made one, i did an apple/mango and WGJ and that turned out very nice.

ive got the apple/mango/wgj lined up for this raring to go...

El Draco said:
[quote="Chippy_Tea":2775dhpw]

ive got the apple/mango/wgj lined up for this raring to go...[/quote:2775dhpw]

If you can resist drinking it leave a bottle for a couple of weeks, you will be amazed at the difference only a short time makes to the taste.

Chippy_Tea said:
[quote="El Draco":3stau5xb]

ive got the apple/mango/wgj lined up for this raring to go...

If you can resist drinking it leave a bottle for a couple of weeks, you will be amazed at the difference only a short time makes to the taste.[/quote:3stau5xb]

aye.. i was thinking of alternate dating the bottles for consumption :drink:

Ill soon be bottling 3 gallon within the next week or so then it wont be long til the 8 gallon on the go nows ready.. so the ones ill be starting soon will slip under the radar :whistle: hopefully :D

I have two cartons of Tesco WGJ 1.5 litres and two Tesco Apple and Mango not from concentrate, 90% Apple, Mango puree 10%.
Was going to make two Wows, I also have a Wilko WGJ concentrate, was going to make a Wine from the old Boots book that along with the concentrate uses two Apple juices.
but now wondering would it be an improvement to split the Wilco concentrate and add it to the two Wows using the Tesco juices, or is this a waste of concentrate.
hope this is easy to understand.

country joe said:
I have two cartons of Tesco WGJ 1.5 litres and two Tesco Apple and Mango not from concentrate, 90% Apple, Mango puree 10%.
Was going to make two Wows, I also have a Wilko WGJ concentrate, was going to make a Wine from the old Boots book that along with the concentrate uses two Apple juices.
but now wondering would it be an improvement to split the Wilco concentrate and add it to the two Wows using the Tesco juices, or is this a waste of concentrate.
hope this is easy to understand.

I have made a few gallons of Tesco apple/mango + WGJ and they turn out very nice tasting, i split two 1.5 litre WGJ cartons between 3 DJ's and put 1 litre of apple/mango in each, i would not add the apple concentrate as its not needed.

Hey, so its been 14 days since I started my Original WOW and Apple & Raspberry WOW. Did a Hydrometer reading tonight and they are both coming out at .993 originally from 1.100 (before topping up so its probably around 1.088). I had a cheeky taste, at .993 its a little too dry for me so I think I'll back sweeten.

Very little airlock activity between them both so I'm guessing they are pretty much done. I'm thinking its time to transfer to another PET and get it ready for clearing. They only problem is on the Apple and raspberry I have a substantial amount of sediment at the top *SEE PICTURE*. Any tips on how I should tackle this when it comes to racking? When I was taking the ABV reading i jostled it a little but it didn't sink so I'm not sure what to do :hmm:

wow.jpg

This always happens with the apple based ones, just rack as normal, a few bits will get in but when you degass they break up, when you clear it there will only be a small amount of sediment which is easy to avoid when bottling.

Don't worry about it. The syphon tube will be beneath it and even if a bit is transferred into the next DJ you will have a bit more sediment after you have cleared it anyway.

Matt

Back