New brewer from Whitby UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raradir

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have tried brewing before but only with the basic bog standard kits, and I found them very so-so. I am looking to stat brewing where I have alot more control of the recipes, by using hops etc. Again like I said I am very new to this, so any advice like books, equipment etc will be most welcome.

Thanks
Raradir

Welcome to the forum. I love Whitby. Goth festival and the best fish and chips in the land! Marvelous stuff.

Magpie cafe down stairs take away , great fresh cooked fish and chip , magic home made fish cakes too. will be up there early may.

Yea it is great, we also have a Steampunk weekend twice a year now, which is very popular

Yea it is great, we also have a Steampunk weekend twice a year now, which is very popular
Yeah...Steam Punk is awesome. my wife in a gas mask and nurses outfit and thats just when she gets back from the local hospital!!:grin:

Cant remember the name but that little smoke house up the top of the cobbled streets do the best kippers..
Nice to have you on board

Cant remember the name but that little smoke house up the top of the cobbled streets do the best kippers..
Nice to have you on board

yes your spot on ,Henrietta st, just after the steps, great kippers, smoked haddock and cod , smoked mackerel, YUM YUM , Pan fried with a chunk of butter , sprinkling of fresh ground black pepper, served with some nice malted bread and butter . magic sat tea time meal , or steamed with a drop of lemon melted butter for breakfast.

Welcome aboard. :thumb:
And speaking of trains, Whitby is at the end of the line from Pickering via the North York Moors Railway and is one of the best journeys on a steam hauled heritage railway in the UK. Good day out if you are in the area.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I really look forward to being a member of this community, and I apologise in advance for the very basic questions I will probably be asking, very new to the Home Brew Scene, but want to learn as much as I can to create some cracking beers.

Back