Bitter and Twisted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGazza

Reaction score
No i am not, but has anyone got a recipe or clone for Harviestoun Bitter and Twisted one of my favourite ales. Brewers info gives Hop profile as Hallertau Hersbrucker, Challenger and a late hop of Styrian.
Also gives ingredients of barley, oats and wheat.
Any ideas on malts, yeast and volumes of all for 20 litre brew.

I really like this beer too OG, hope someone posts a recipe :)

No new light on this one then, thats a shame,come on, someone out there must have the recipe, sharing is great .

I'll second OG's sentiments here :thumb: The forum has been a bit Q over Christmas - hopefully we'll get one soon :cool:

Drinking a prematurely opened bottle of Durden Park 1750 Porter, (it is Christmas) only 3 weeks in bottle, little condition yet, but what a taste.This is my first all grain, no going back now. Onwards and upwards and bugger the expense of all that kit,can't mini mash in the oven no more !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OG thats great news :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I remember the first AG that I sampled - it was like going from B&W TV to Colour TV - welcome to the fold!

Welcome aboard the good ship All Grain :thumb:

aye, I was chatting to the guy in my LHBS yesterday and we agreed that in the currenty economic climate more people will turn to brewing at home, this will happen when people who like a beer/wine at home get their credit card bill in January - it'll be very good for LHBS's and this forum.

How long though from when enough people brew great beer at home from scratch until we have to pay a tax on it ;)

Shhhhhhh keep that quiet :D

PS incidentally my mate at the shop said he'd had more women through the door after wine equipment / kits than he has new brewers

Stop drinking that DP Porter NOW! You won't believe how nice it'll be once matured properly. DP's recipe's are the nuts. Mature it well and you will truly be blown away with your amazing brewskills.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Isn't bitter and twisted a shandy(ie less than 5%) style of beer? :rofl:

Bitter & Twisted

Brewed 31/3/07
I was looking for a recipe for Bitter & Twisted and found this one which Paul at Barley Bottom posted a while ago!

Marris otter 3Kg
Crystal malt 200g
Flaked Barley 200g
Torrified Wheat 200g

Mashed at 66oC for 2 hours

Fuggles AA5.9% 2oz 90min
Styrian Golding AA2% 1oz 15min
Irish moss 1tsp 15min
Styrian Golding AA2% small hand full added when boiler turned off.

Yeast safale S-04

Hello! Well this has been a while since this topic was last posted!! I have been looking around for a bitter & twisted clone and this seems the best to me. Is the brew lenght 5g? Id guess so! I'll give it ago and see what happens! Should be ready for later summer bbqs! Great!

I did a clone by copying an AG kit ingredients that is on sale at an online shop..
they list the ingredients as

4.00 kg Maris Otter
0.20 kg Crystal Malt
0.20 kg Barley, Flaked
0.20 kg Wheat, Torrefied

56.00 gm Fuggles 90 min
28.00 gm Bobek 15 min

1 Protafloc Tablet 15 mins boil
1 pack of S-04 yeast.

It was very good but not exactly as i remembered it

taken from another forum :cheers:

Bitter & Twisted

Brewed 31/3/07

Marris otter 3Kg
Crystal malt 200g
Flaked Barley 200g
Torrified Wheat 200g

Mashed at 66oC for 2 hours

Fuggles AA5.9% 2oz 90min
Styrian Golding AA2% 1oz 15min
Irish moss 1tsp 15min
Styrian Golding AA2% small hand full added when boiler turned off.

Yeast safale S-04

Collected 5.2 gallon
Finish 4 gallon
OG:1036
FG: 1012
Effic: 62.2% (A little low.)

Latest posts

Back