Home Brew Forum Competition - October 16

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it helps, I won't be tasting until 2 weeks in to November by the looks of things and I can keep the bottles in the warm to carb or cool to condition until then if you like?

That'll be great (if no one objects to my tardiness).

Entry 3 waiting at the post office, entry 4 received yesterday...still hoping for 10 by the end of the month. :thumb:

I would imagine one of those is mine, if you could keep it out the fridge until tasting that would be awesome:thumb:

:eek:ops^^^^^^ Left the word "out" out of my last post which I think may change the way you understood it:oops:

Mine's bottled and sending it off Monday... fingers crossed!

IMG_2481.jpg

Bottled mine tonight. It will be winging it's way in the post in the next day or so.

And most likely being the last to be opened as it'll just be carb'ed and conditioned by then [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't hurry love! Thus spake the Supremes, and it seems as if their sentiments are also true of IPA. With Doctor Mick kindly prepared to turn a blindish eye to my tardiness I ventured forth to the Brewery last night to check on the progress of my competition brew. I figured I could dry hop then package on Monday morning for a swift delivery and hopefully carbonation would complete faster than normal. If not all I had lost was a few bottles of homebrew.

Now, I am a great advocate of leaving yeast to do their thing, and then leaving them a bit more. I tend to allow a minimum of four weeks, so I rarely peer into a tub to see cloudy bubbling wort. However, due to leaning heavily on time and the colder weather, that's what I found. It also weighed in at a mere 1.020.

I can't see this being ready for bottling for a few weeks, so all I can say is thanks for the extended time but this just ain't going to be ready.

After all, it's a game of give and take.

Mine is in the post -- I hope all bottles will get time to condition properly before judging. I don't even know if it's good yet !!

Posted mine yesterday, hopefully will be with you in the next couple of days. Will need to be refrigerated to let the sediment settle.

Otterly Awry is tasting pretty good, six weeks after bottling. I wasn't so keen three weeks ago but it's matured wonderfully. Looking forward to some feedback.

Got another 4 entries, I think...I wouldn't recommend Hermes for sending bottles, they chucked one over the fence! :twisted: Thankfully it was well packaged so survived.

I guess today is the cut off. @doctormic how many entries did you get?

Latest posts

Back