increasing ABV after fermentation has started?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will defo be testing this soon with 2 batches of TC , 1 DJ with only white sugar and 1 only with honey for sugars

I want to make a barley wine soon -- and you need to get your OG up to 1090 range, which involves adding about 1 kg of honey to 20L or so.

I want to make a barley wine soon -- and you need to get your OG up to 1090 range, which involves adding about 1 kg of honey to 20L or so.

keep us posted, I haven't made a wine from fruit yet so would be interested to hear how you do it and how it turns out

Ok so didn't do anything in the end. I was hoping the gravity might drop enough to give acceptable strength. Didn't really happen ended on 1012. , so with 0G 1038 that 3.4%

Actually tastes quite nice but maybe a bit thin. Can I add some sugar now to get it to a respectable 4%. Or maybe mix with some vodka with espresso before racking to give it a twist-anyone done that?

Ok so didn't do anything in the end. I was hoping the gravity might drop enough to give acceptable strength. Didn't really happen ended on 1012. , so with 0G 1038 that 3.4%

Actually tastes quite nice but maybe a bit thin. Can I add some sugar now to get it to a respectable 4%. Or maybe mix with some vodka with espresso before racking to give it a twist-anyone done that?

What yeast did you use again ?

White labs liquid Irish ale, and made a starter too as was expecting higher OG!

i cant say i know that yeast - so my first question is what temps does the yeast like
what temp did you make your starter at + what was the average temp of your brew while brewing?

Fermented at 19 degrees as directed and been kept there . Starter was at room temperature.

If you want the abv up but not watered down why not add some high % alcohol. Seems a simple solution without going into it to much.

could i maybe add some add coffee liquour when racking? would that work? turn it into a coffee stout?

so thats what i am going to do. bought a bottle of Kahlua last night and am going to use it as priming sugar.

Latest posts

Back