Best kit for Cabernet Sauvignon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicusplum

Reaction score
Hi there can anyone recommend any kits for a really good Cab sav. Also, are the more expensive ones worth the extra money? When buying I like brands like Hardys, Oxford Landing, Wolfblass, Lindemans etc.

I finished a Harris Premium Cabernet Sauvignon kit last week.
It tastes great already, have put it away to age.

Also currently finishing off a Cellar 7 Cabernet Sauvignon kit so i can compare the two in a few months time.

The Harris kit came with 7.1 kg juice the Cellar 7 came with 6.6kg juice - at least that's what they were when i weighed them prior to use.

I got them here;
http://www.shop4homebrew.co.uk/index1.html

I have a young's Cab Sav ready to go into the demijohn.
I bought some extra youngs red wine grape juice/enhancer thing because it was on sale.
Will let you know how it goes if interested? (was less than 8 quid for 6 bottles...)

My Favorite is the California Connoisseur Cab Sav, the 30 bottle kit is around £43.00. I made one of these for Christmas and i eneded up with 28 bottles in total. It tasted very good during the bottling process so it was drinkable straight away. I left it all in my cold cupboard ( the old larder) untill Christmas eve when we opened the first bottle, Hand on heart here it was excellent and featured on the table for christmas dinner, my guests ( the family) were very impressed when i told them it was the home made wine. We have a party on new years eve every year at our house and the remainder of this batch was put out on the table and again our friends and family remarked on how good the wine was once again. All of us are wine lovers and this was the best kit we have tasted. It is available in 6 bottle kits as well. Worth the extra few quid.

Latest posts

Back