Yeast bay Vermont ale yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHW

Landlord.
Reaction score
Yippee

My post xmas brewing splurge arrive today, mainly the ingredients for the remaining brews in my sig.

The thing I'm most excited about is the Vermont ale yeast. It's apparently from a US craft brew calls Heady Topper, which has won many awards. The Brewer attributes a large percentage of its success to the yeast which really accentuates hop flavour and kicks out lots of peach and tropical fruit notes. It's also known as Conan in the states.

Anyone used it?

It's a relatively low attenuator and low flocculating so i expect to produce rather cloudy but intensely flavoured IPAs with it.

I'm going to do a single batch of simple wort (MO plus crystal or cara) then do half with Amarillo and eldorado, and half with huge amounts of just eldorado.

I've git high hopes of the eldorado only version being the most insanely tasty beer I've made yet.

Now j just need to find a day to get them going on!

image.jpg

No never used it but Conan has lots of huge fans so interested to hear how you get on.

Been wanting to try this myself just not got around to it. Interested to see how you get on.

And where did you get the El Dorado? Everywhere I've looked is out of stock.

I think it will be a good mix with the yeast

Been wanting to try this myself just not got around to it. Interested to see how you get on.

And where did you get the El Dorado? Everywhere I've looked is out of stock.

I think it will be a good mix with the yeast

I got them from brewuk a while back, but they're out of stock there too.

Seems that you have to get lucky with some of these hop varieties. Nelson sauvin is also nigh on impossible to get. I think once a hop gets popular with commercial Brewers the stocks for us homebrewers dry up.

I hope you're right about the combo with the Vermont though, it's exactly why I've gone for that yeast.

Thanks clibit I've just ordered a few packs to add to my hop mountain.

Gareth I may just have to copy your Vermont El Dorado plan

Latest posts

Back