Little Bottler to syphon tube.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My FV doesn't have a tap and as i have read many threads about leaking taps i decided not to fit this one, i cut the tube off the tap at the point arrowed below then put the end of the syphon tube in boiling water to allow the little bottler to fit inside the tube as they are the same diameter.

a11.jpg

I posted this on another thread too which is related to this post so thought I should add it here too in case anyone misses it who might find it useful.:

I got a bottling cane for about three quid extra when I bought a large pump siphon for my 25l FV on Ebay.

I now use it for all bottling now (including racking too although it is a little slow for doing that it works fine).

It fits on all my siphon tubes and saves a lot of mess, my 12 year old was bottling my stout for me today. :)

Also, through luck (or design) if you fill the bottle to the top, when you remove the wand from the bottle it leaves the right amount of headroom for 2nd ferment and bottle conditioning.

assssssssss-418.jpg

Incidentally, the siphon tubes fit nicely into the white collar on the top (opposite end to the spring loaded part that goes into the bottle) this white collar seems to be on the little bottler too although I have seen people have been cutting the little bottler from below the white plastic collar so I'm guessing that is too tightly fixed in place.

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231558584...49&var=530798349310&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have fitted one of these to a syphon tube too. Although the fit to the white plastic end was a little loose, so ended up pulling of the white plastic part and fitting the syphon tube straight over the end. This is a tight fit, but now doesn't leak. :)

Latest posts

Back