Polish syrup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
Ok so I just added a while 440ml bottle of syrup, a litre of AJ and about 500g glucose.

Hydrometer is at a 9% rose I used the blackberry syrup and smells wonderful. Pitched GV8 will see what happens.

Plan to top up with RGJ when I rack it of the sediment.

IMAG1854.jpg

Just looking at the blurry photo. Sorry and all the sharpie on my demi's some are plastered with writing. Really need to clean them.

As chippy said no preservative so no need to boil, make sure you check the sugar content though as these are loaded with it. I found they didn't leave much flavour behind, just a strong alc brew.

Well what a surprise!

This isn't bad. It's not good. But it's not bad. I added a little more AJ to sweeten during the clearing process.

Tastes like alchoholic tip tops.

So I've decided to name it.

Polish Prison Pop.

Think I will add redgrape to the next one.

IMAG1898.jpg

I think there could be an interesting recipe in here, fruit syrup, fruit juice, sugar (whatever takes your fancy) and yeast. Whether you add pectolase, tea, citrus and glycerol and go down the WOW route or just bang it all in, brew it and then carbonate it in the Fruit Punch route, they both hold interesting possibilities.

Back