Muntons Premium Pilsner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chappers79

Reaction score
With my variation of the Geordie Bitter due to be bottled on Saturday, I am looking ahead to my next brew.

When I bought my FV, it came with a can of Muntons Premium Pilsner. Any thoughts on this? I can't seem to find it in the review section which makes me nervous that it's going to be ****.

I'm not a massive lager fan, so does this have potential to pimp it up into a light hoppy pale ale?

Thanks,:drink:

With my variation of the Geordie Bitter due to be bottled on Saturday, I am looking ahead to my next brew.

When I bought my FV, it came with a can of Muntons Premium Pilsner. Any thoughts on this? I can't seem to find it in the review section which makes me nervous that it's going to be ****.

I'm not a massive lager fan, so does this have potential to pimp it up into a light hoppy pale ale?

Thanks,:drink:

Ive brewed the continental lager a few times quite nice, pimped it with 50g Saaz dry hops, also done a one with 50g Tettnang hops both turned out really nice

Cheers Steve.

My plan is to keep it as a lager. I have some Saaz hop pellets, so I was going to boil about 20 grams of these for 20 minutes or so and add the juice in with the can / hot water.

I will also be using a 1kg brewkit enhancer and about 250g or so of brewing sugar to up the final ABV.

If it turns out ****, then I'm sure the wife will drink it. :whistle:

I currently have this in my FV since Saturday.

I boiled 30g of Saaz hop pellets with 100g of brewing sugar and used the juice with the can, 1kg beer kit enhancer and 400g of dark brown sugar that I had left over from the Geordie Bitter and a sachet of Wilko Garven yeast. I also brewed short to 21 litres giving me an SG of 1046.

I might turn out ****, but I will let you know!

:drink:

For kit lagers i do like the Muntons range if i had not of ordered so much grain i might of been tempted to do another, lets us no how it does turn out :thumb: might put a sneaky quick brew on :lol:

Back