Hello to you all from a newbie in Wiltshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looch

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!

I've been having a good look around & I think I've got over excited :razz:

I've just finished my first ever apple cider and just started a pear cider. I've a Chardonnay on the go - which will be swiftly followed by a Pinot Noir. After I've finished that, I will be looking at beers from kits (Coopers Canadian Blonde has captured my eye) & wines not from kits. I look forward to begging for advice & getting your help!

Welcome to the forum

Word of warning about cooper Canadian blonde, although I've never made it, it has bad reviews; bland and tasteless. However you can improve it by some simple techniques such as dry hopping or steeping some grains and adding the resultant 'steepings'

Hmmmm..Thanks for that MyQul. I was having a browse in my local brew shop & the guy in there told me it tastes like Labatt Blue (so I see the bland & tasteless reviews I guess!!) However, I used to live in Canada, so thought I'd give it a go to remind me of those days. This doesn't bode well with my husband mind, as he's an ale lover, so I may well take your advice re the additions. Thanks :)

Louise

Back