Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they will be kept out of sun light so shouldnt be a problem until i have enough to get rid of clear ones. timothy taylor is going to be my first ag brew. picking up the ingredients tomorrow. :party:

is your ttl recipe as per graham wheelers book or have you made any alterations to get it your best.

GW recipe as a base recipe......... :D depends on our mood but no great alterations

nice one mate will go for that then for the 1st. just got a text saying the bags ready so ill fetch that on way for ingredients then ill hopefully get cracking at the weekend. took some bags of clothes upto the clothes bank at tesco and some kind sole had left to big boxes with around 50 bottles in so bought them back.

Hi folks,

I know some of you are all-grainers but I made my first batch of ale 4 weeks ago that I tried for the first time the other night :thumb: good times for sure! Anywho, it was a Victoria ale that I got with my first kit and it was feckin gorgeous!!!
It reminded me a bit of hobgoblin has anyone else tried it? Any comments or better still suggestions for a newbie to try?

Ive just started a John Bull mix and got a turbo cider on the go as well as pomegranate wine and I stuck a lychee wine on yesterday.

As you might have guessed I have caught the brewing bug :grin:

Welcome Broughton. :cheers: Nothing wrong with kits. Do I detect another Cumbrian? You might want to cut and paste your post in the Introductory section?

broughton said:
Hi folks,

I know some of you are all-grainers but I made my first batch of ale 4 weeks ago that I tried for the first time the other night :thumb: good times for sure! Anywho, it was a Victoria ale that I got with my first kit and it was feckin gorgeous!!!
It reminded me a bit of hobgoblin has anyone else tried it? Any comments or better still suggestions for a newbie to try?

Ive just started a John Bull mix and got a turbo cider on the go as well as pomegranate wine and I stuck a lychee wine on yesterday.

As you might have guessed I have caught the brewing bug :grin:

Hi i've just done a wilko's hoppy copper bitter but added a dark malt plus a goldings finnishing hop in my fv, hoping this is going to be a bit Hobgoblin'ish...let you know!!!!!!!!!!!

I see Barley Bottom got a mention further up the thread
Paul did me a beefed up grain kit of his Gob Hoblin and just had a taste :thumb:

2013-03-28172813.jpg

Will be doing this one again

Latest posts

Back