Marston's Merry Monk (YOU MUST TRY THIS!)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyral210

Brewing like a mad scientist
Reaction score
Yesterday I went down to Weatherspoons and and tried a new brew, Merry Monk. OH MY GOD that beer is great! The hops taste exactly like the smell you get when opening a bag of hops. They taste fantastic! The texture is smooth and thick in a brilliant way. It is a mild beer, but has loads of caramel and roasted flavours.

In short, buy a pint and enjoy!

Glad to hear that Marstons are brewing good stuff, they're a decent company for a being one of the big-boys - good ethic towards regionals.

Just need to find someone round OX who's got it on!

While on the topic - had a couple of pints of Saddler's Hop Bomb last week... tastes almost exactly like my Chinook dryhopped Better Brew IPA! Except hoppier! Magic!

Should we have a "I've just had a pint of <insert beer here> and it was <excellent|rotten>" sticky thread Mods?

The girl in Weatherspoons said they had just put it on, so maybe my pint was fresh and yours was the dregs of the barrel?

On a different note, how do you get the beer you brew to taste like the smell of a bag of dry whole hops?

have a look at Marstons website sometimes they tell you what the beer is. Its made from 2 different beers so blended mild and bitter with some kind of fruity hops

Latest posts

Back