my first turbo cider!!!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
i`ve been meaning to do this for a while :twisted:

1 gallon apple juice
200g white sugar
1 pkt muntons beer yeast (all i had) :?

starting gravity was 1052 - any ideas what i can expect this to come down to? I`m hoping for around 6% so 1006 would be good!

turbocider.jpg

You shouldn't have added the sugar ;)
It will ferment down to at least 1.000 so 7% :drunk:

my turbo cider took a week to ferment down to 1000 - giving me around 7%! :shock:

just bottled eight pint bottles with a half teaspoon of sugar for a little fizz - tastes great - i really like dry cider so can`t wait to give this a few days and chill a couple down!!

and your right.........i just chucked another gallon of apple juice on top of the yeast left in the DJ and it`s on the go already - left out the extra sugar this time though!!! :thumb:

I'm planning on doing a cider batch next. I was going to opt for a canned one as per the Coopers beer, but this TC sounds very simple. You say you're using a gallon of apple juice, how much water do you top it up with? I'll be using my 23L FV, also how much yeast should be added? ;)

You don't top it up, you use the juice as is. Which can be seen in my Turbo Cider Brewday Video. Incidentally if you do want to make it from a kit and the kit asks for sugar, you can improve the kit by using juice instead of sugar you need about 10L of juice to replace 1Kg Of sugar . . .of course you still top up with water to the level mentioned in the kit (23L??)

As for yeast I used 20g but you can get away with less say 2 sachets of Youngs cider yeast (12g)

after a couple days in the bottle with a teaspoon of sugar it`s crystal clear - tasty and just slightly fizzy!!
result!!

pretty strong to!! TRY IT !!!

Apple juice wine takes a while to settle, what about turbo cider? How long without finings? (even though I'll probably use 'em anyway).

How much sugar to stick in a 2ltr PET bottle to make it quite fizzy?

Is it comparable to stuff like Strongbow or whatever in terms of taste? It's just that I won't be drinking much of it as I don't drink Cider but the people I'll be giving it too usually drink Strongbow//Magners etc.

Clears fast - like a lift on the 1st floor after an air biscuit :thumb:

am gonna do one of these, but all me demijohns are full now.

i did the magnum pear cider kit which is good (but will get better) however i`d like to have something to drink fast!

ah well, when me wines are done (next few days) i`ll have some spare demi`s

:D

Latest posts

Back