cantina pinot grigio

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently enjoying my second brew of Cantina Pinot Grigio - really enjoying it.

All my friends love it too - an extremely quaffable, dry white with nice acidity.

Can't rave enough about the stuff to be honest - about £1.03 a bottle and ready in 5 days!!!!! (Well, according to packet anyway lol - mine have been ready in 6/7 days both times - allowing for clearing).

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this kit, and if it's the only good thing I ever get out of homebrew I'd be very happy!!!

Nice, drinkable white. Far better than the £5 jobbies from the supermarket. Not in the £10 league really, but hardly any of the shop bought whites are IMHO. This is a nice simple white with some dimension, flavour and good acidty, can't go wrong with it.

:cheers:

My current favourite "Quick Hit" kit (5 day). I let it finish, stabilise, thrash it with a drill for an hour, and add the first finings. Then instead of adding the second finings 3 hours later, I leave it at least another day. I then leave it at least 5 more days before bottling (so 10-11 days total), and every time it comes out as clear as a bell. I completely agree with the OP - it tastes like a much pricier wine, and I'm currently brewing 42L per month of this.

Agree totally with previous posts. I too leave the first finings longer, a good 12-14 hours before adding 2nd finings, then leave it two or three days to clear in a pressure barrel; unfortunately there is a tap on the barrel, so a few bottles "dissapear" through "checking how it's doing".

Have made countless batches of the Cantina Pinot Grigio, but when I couldn't get it tried the Solomon Grundy Pinot Grigio, you get two more bottles for your effort with their kit and I can't see a lot of difference in taste.

My experience of Cantina Pinot Grigio is not the same. I find it a highly-scented acid. Nail polish remover, acetone, is the prominent characteristic. Of course it may be my bad brewing skills. Strangely, the more expensive pingo is very tasty (Selection).

Back