• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Replacement Wine Screw caps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobsbeer

Reaction score
The future has arrived. Well in terms of wine bottle closures. We all know and hate the chore of corking a batch of bottles. Especially if you only have a hand corker. How much easier is it to reuse a screw cap bottle. But as again we have all found that tip them on their side and they can leak, don’t seal etc. Cork bottles are hard to get unless you buy them. Screw top bottles are free, or at least easy to get your hands on.

Well you can now have the security of a cork with the ease of a screw top. And they don’t cost much more than quality corks. As a service to forum members I am willing to share at cost plus shipping. So what are these miracle closures you are thinking? A relatively new product called ‘Novatwist’ manufactured by Novabal, itself a company owned by TetraPak. See HERE

I have them in three colours, Gold, Burgundy and Black. They are easy to apply, push and screw. A perfect seal, with the longevity of a cork for those wines that need to mature. No need for a foil or shrink capsule. They look great and professional.

I have also tried to get these from our sponsors or other HB retailers in the UK but none stock them, so I went to the manufacture and got a sample. The rest is history.
If you want some I can supply them in batches of 100 for £14.50 including postage via My Hermes. PM me for payment details.

Before application

In use

Feel free to ask any questions. These have been in use by our Aussie cousins for quite a while and are used by both commercial wineries and home wine makers. And over 5000 in use by forum members.

wow how good is that , don't do wine (as yet) but they look great and not a bad price , can you use them time again and again or just the one time like can you sterilise ok after .

I have used them a couple of times with no leak problems. You will lose the skirt or at least lose the tamper proof seal. They won't last forever with repeated use as the liner is foam and will compress over time. For re use the skirts come off easily with scissors.

I'll take a ton Bob.

I'll sweet talk Rob into being my "agent" for TST!! I need a bottle swap doing with pittsy and now these... :lol:

Better get an order in to keep him happy...

calumscott said:
I'll take a ton Bob.

I'll sweet talk Rob into being my "agent" for TST!! I need a bottle swap doing with pittsy and now these... :lol:

What colour? I'll put them aside and bring to TST. :thumb:

Any chance of having 50 for £5.50 plus postage, I've only made a six bottle kit and can't see me using 100 in a lifetime!

Hi Bob,
They look great! Will they work on cork type bottles or only on the screw top bottles?
How are you taking payment? Paypal?

Bogwitch said:
They look great! Will they work on cork type bottles or only on the screw top bottles?

No, they only work on screw top bottles. They work on all the different ex commercial screw top wine bottles I have. You do need to remove the metal skirt first. :D

Bogwitch said:
How are you taking payment? Paypal?

Paypal or BACS. PM me for details.

genius, tried to get the cork out of my ex screwtops, had to filter glass out of the wine :cry:

PM sent

bobsbeer said:
calumscott said:
I'll take a ton Bob.

What colour? I'll put them aside and bring to TST. :thumb:

Gold please to match my crown caps! :thumb:

I'll pop down Rob's tomorrow...

Latest posts

Back