wilkos velvet stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simmo2467

Reaction score
Just put one of these on made with 500 g medium sme and 500 g brewers dextrose. Made it up to 20 litres with an og of 1.048 so hoping it'll be around 4.5% when it's done. Bargain at 8.00 in the sale!!

I've got a couple of bottles of this left, and your post has just reminded me.

So thanks, I will have them later.

Matt

Yep, I love it. I have got another one on the go now, but it won't be bottled until next week. :cry:

Matt

Nice one. I'm planning on taking full advantage of the sale And stocking up!!

Would anyone recommend this over a coopers stout? fancy doing a stout but not sure who's to try :hmm:

started this one today with 1kg muntons brew enchancer and the kit yeast brewed slightly short at 22 L og was 1.42 wanted to compare to coopers stout which I love, just drinking the last one now.

i did a coopers stout with tin of dark treacle added as well as 1 kilo brew sugar bl...dy lovely read my post on coopers stout
i would guess though that wilko stout would be good but add treacle and i bottled mine with a carb drop the 1/4 teaspoon of dark muscovado sugar drinks like a makisons i have a que of friends drinking this will be making it again very soon

have only done the wilkos one. be nice to hear if someone's done a comparison with the coopers. I do know there's 200grams more of the coopers

Latest posts

Back