Timothy Taylor Landlord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their yeast is 'platinum edition' Wyeast Labs #1469 available now, and a decent approximation seems to be all pale malt (boiling 2 litres of first runnings down to one and adding back to the boil), Fuggles and Styrians 50:50 full boil IBU's to 70% of GU, then Goldings for the rest to 75% of GU. I'm being vague 'cos bottled and draft varies in OG, as do peoples efficiencies.

SiHoltye that's brilliant! they serve that at my local gastro pub and I had searched for recipes for it and came out fruitless :( thanks! :thumb:

by any chance are you able to source a recipe for St Peter's Organic Ale too? :lol:

Well Graham Wheeler's recipe is:
Pale 4,700g
Goldings 28g at start of boil
Fuggles 50g ditto
Goldings 15g last 15 mins
Irish moss 1tsp ditto

Mash liquor 11 litres, Mash temp 66C, Mash time 90 mins, Boil time 120 mins, Alcohol content 4.3%. OG 1042, Final gravity 1010, Bitterness 30 EBU, Final volume 23 litres.

I seem to remember doing this 15 years or so ago and my notes tell me it was superb! :thumb:

BillyB said:
Well Graham Wheeler's recipe is:
Pale 4,700g
Goldings 28g at start of boil
Fuggles 50g ditto
Goldings 15g last 15 mins
Irish moss 1tsp ditto

was that an alternative to the other landlord recipe or for St Peters?

The one I have is similar to SiHoltye

TIMOTHY TAYLORS LANDLORD
23 Litres
4.6 Kg Maris Otter Plae malt
45g Styrian Golding , 3.8% (90 mins)
20g Fuggles, 4.5% (90 mins)
24g Goldings, 5.3 (15 mins)

TTL Yeast or Windsor Yeast

Mash 90mins, Boil 90 mins

OG: 1042

I am making this next.I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has made it? Which recipe is best :?

Les Howarth's Home Brew Receipe Database as the following info

OG-1042

Malt -100% Golden Promise which at 75% extraction gives 4.35kg for 23 litres according to my computer

Bittering Hops- Fuggles

Late Hops- Styrian Goldings & Goldings

20 units of colour

Bardonwood Brewery

Drinking-Upper Canada Brewing Co.'s Maple Brown Ale(clone brew)

Conditioning- Unibroue's Quelquechose(clone brew) & Tsar Revenge Imperial Stout

Next Brew- Hop Back's Summer Lightning(clone brew)

You need masses of Styrian Goldings at the end of the boil or in a hop back if you're going to call it a TTL clone, the styrian hop aroma is what this beer exhibits so well. I'm sure I read somewhere at the brewery they pass their wort through four feet of fresh styrians in the hop back, which would account for the massive aroma you get on a fresh TTL cask.

Caramel colouring and Invert sugar are another two rumours i've heard, TTL is a copper coloured beer but most recipes specify only GP malt.

Caramalising runnings also makes sense to me, I think they have copper kettles which would lead to strong browning reactions during the boil, to me TTL has a massive toffee, almost slightly buttery malt profile.

Oh yeah and get the wyeast which is only available limited edition! Failing that, SO4 makes a good choice IMO.

Thanks for that mysterio :thumb:

I already have loads of the Styrian Goldings...but I only have OM Malt ...and no caramel..but I have got the Wyeast :grin:

I am going to stick to the Recipe I have...in fact I will make a 46 Ltr batch tomorrow and put it on Brew Days..and I will update the forum on how its progressing and of course how similar it is to the real thing :D

PS I can also show off my new 80 Ltr shiny etc :cheers:

:thumb: I'll have the full recipe by friday, it's going to be my first mash, on calling at a brew shop in Preston he will put me the brew together for me and i will pass it on ok :drink:

So, how did it go Kev? did you get the recipe? have you brewed it yet?

I'm keen to give this a go myself, it's a great beer

Hi, just made the mash your after, do you still require the recipie ? :cheers: drop me a line :party: and i'll pass it on

well lets put it this way it smells the same it looks the same ....................now i have to wait for it to condition i'll keep you posted, just made 5 gallon of "OP" Theakstons that is, why i did not do this 20yrs ago i have no idea, i just love it now :rofl:

Latest posts

Back