Possible next brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bubble, I'll be bottling mine end of next week if you want some yeast. 1469 or 006. Too late?

Nope. Not ordered any bits yet. Do you have any chocolate malt? Only need a bit. Saves me having another load of grain sitting about is all.

Only got pale chocolate atm. Welcome to some. It's nice, less roasty, smoother.

Can choose yeast when I bottle, I'll recommend one based on taste.

They both should. I'll let you know when I've got the yeast ready.

Sorry, late to thread again! I've used S04 once. It was a while ago, but from memory I pitched it dry, it took off well and I got a good drop out of it. I'll have a poke around for the recipe and give more detail if I can.

Found it - a TT Landlord clone, 1050 down to 1012, tasted lovely.

I haven't but I'd love to. Use it for this one, this yeast I saved will keep for other brews. Save me a bit of the 005, I'll make a starter, and we can do a swap.

I was going to suggest that. I'll scoop out some at the end and try the 0006. Not used that one myself. Shall I just lob this in then or make a starter ?

I'm still learning about yeast but I think the best advice is to make a starter, as an insurance policy. I think a litre of water boiled with 100g DME. Cool and add yeast. Make it 24-48 hours before pitching.

The 006 seems very good.

Back