My first AG brew today

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the hull melon hops from get em brewed. Hearing good things about these hops

interested in your feedback on the hull melon hops once the brew is complete...
and hope the day went well and you have a reasonable gravity wort in the fermenter by now.:thumb:

Due to family commitments brewing postponed till Tuesday bloody gutted but will definitely let everyone know I will take photos of my AG attempt the closest I got to it today was testing my gas burner View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1453659535899.jpgwhich I was really looking forward to using for the first time

Sounds interesting never heard of hull melon hop or is that an auto correct

When I first saw hull mellon hops I naturally assumed they were named that because they were something to do with hull oop north. I was quite surprised to discover they're called that because they were bred in the hull hop research institute in Germany

I was very surprised also with a name like they have. But I'm definitely realising that when there are some hops that are a bit scarce or to expensive I can find one as close as to the one I want. I've tried a good few hops with extract brewing but really excited about AG as kept being told a far better taste and clear and cleaner drink and of course a bit cheaper

Due to family commitments brewing postponed till Tuesday bloody gutted but will definitely let everyone know I will take photos of my AG attempt the closest I got to it today was testing my gas burner View attachment 4376which I was really looking forward to using for the first time

Aww I feel for ya geezer, gutting, my bloody family keep getting in the way of my life too!

I'm really glad I found this forum site as everyone been great at giving information on equipment recipe for brews ect great fun

Tell me about it. It's the only hobby I've got, and trying to find the time is a nightmare. Although I'm into my AG adventure too, every now and again I have to "fill in" with kits, to build back some beer stock. Just did 2x 40 pint kits today. Even that was challenging. Necessary jobs being barked at me right now, two while I've been writing.

Good luck finding the time. I hold on to the thought that it can only get better.

Latest posts

Back