Honey Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree with the drying effect of honey. Also used Nottingham yeast. I was looking for honey to give a sweet finish. Just shows you.

Try Mangrove jacks Dark Ale/Empire Ale or Windsor. It's got a medium attenuation honey will dry it out a bit but give the sweet finish your looking for. I did this with golden syrup in an Ordinary Bitterand it worked really well

Anyone else done the Honey Ale from Greg Hughes book? Two mates want to do a brew with me as they are interested in brewing and was thinking of doing this one. Never added honey to a brew before so its that will be new to me, come to think of it I've never tasted a honey ale before I guess that's why I'm posting this thread!
If anyone has what's it like and what type of honey did you use?

Cheers
Jay :)

Yes did this as per recipe with Aldi honey. Beer was good although not my favourite but some people really liked the dryness and honey background it gave. Took awhile to get over a Homebrew twang but once over that it worked well enough.

Been a couple of weeks in the bottle now, nice ale tad dry but very drinkable, although not a session beer! Came out at 6.1%

Cheers
Jay :)

Back