Different Malts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornyandy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Some of you will remember I won a mash kit from Get er Brewed the other day, well I started it yesterday, review to come when it is ready.

But the base malt in the kit filled the house with the most wonderful malty aroma, much more so the my usual Maris Otter. I asked them what it was and with in half an hour they were back to me telling me it was this.

Well I got so much out of it I could have collected at least half a gallon more wort than I needed and to boot it is cheaper than Maris. I'll be buying a lot more of this stuff

http://www.geterbrewed.com/irish-ale-malt/

Cheers All

A

I always used to buy marris otter from either one of my LHBS but then I switched to buying stuff from Geterbrewed (couldn't be more pleased with their range, customer service, the fact they do malt in 250g amounts and hops in 50g amount, etc).
Firstly I tried the 50/50 maris otter/pale malt it was fine no great shakes and did a good job. Then I started buying weyermann pale from them. My efficiency suddenly got a huge boost. I thought I was may be getting a finer crush than normal but Tony51 reports the same thing.
Might have a crack at this malt on your recommendation :thumb:

I always used to buy marris otter from either one of my LHBS but then I switched to buying stuff from Geterbrewed (couldn't be more pleased with their range, customer service, the fact they do malt in 250g amounts and hops in 50g amount, etc).
Firstly I tried the 50/50 maris otter/pale malt it was fine no great shakes and did a good job. Then I started buying weyermann pale from them. My efficiency suddenly got a huge boost. I thought I was may be getting a finer crush than normal but Tony51 reports the same thing.
Might have a crack at this malt on your recommendation :thumb:

I know I had a minor whinge the other day, but I completely agree with you about their customer service and range. Definitely my go to supplier.

I'm using their lager malt at the moment, so will report back. Dirt cheap so it's a bonus if it's good too. Decent efficiency and a lovely light golden colour.

Back