Do Geterbrewed pack specialty malts in their own branded sacks?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madchester7

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my order from Geterbrewed and one of the items is 25 KG Chateau Special B (TM). It come in a Geterbrewed sack with "Special B" written on with a sharpie. Shouldn't the malt come in a Castle Maltings branded sack because it is after all Castle Maltings who make the proprietary product "Special B"?

Thanks

I can't answer your question but wow that's a lot of special b! What do you have planned?
If you email GEB they are pretty good at responding.

Yes it is a lot of special b but I have bought it whole grain and have a food saver so I'm going to bag it up in kilo bags to keep fresh and mill it as required. I like dark Belgian beers and imperial stouts so I will be doing lots of experimenting using special b along with Belgian Pilsner malt, carafa, Cara Munich and others. I do tend to bulk buy a lot of things to keep costs down, maybe I have over done it a bit?

I am planning to try and copy pannepot old fisherman's ale and rochefort 10. I am sure it will take many attempts to get close so all them grains will get used. Now all I need is a couple of cheap 20l oak barrels.:mrgreen:

I would have thought a company the size of Geterbrewed buy in massive quantities and then package up in plain sacks
My other delivery has just turned up from homebrewshop.be 25kg Dingemans Pilsner malt and that's in a sealed Dingemans sack with expiry date on

Rochefort 10 and Struise Pannepot are two of my all time favourite beers, you've definitely got a challenge on your hands there.
The standard Pannepot is amazing but I had the 2010 reserva in Brussels and it was [bleeping] incredible!

I would have thought a company the size of Geterbrewed buy in massive quantities and then package up in plain sacks

This. I can't imagine it would be worth their while to buy in 25kg bags of it for selling on when not many people would want 25kg of Special B in one purchase.

Rochefort 10 and Struise Pannepot are two of my all time favourite beers, you've definitely got a challenge on your hands there.
The standard Pannepot is amazing but I had the 2010 reserva in Brussels and it was [bleeping] incredible!
I got back from Belgium a month ago and I brought 2 boxes of pannepot 2016 and a box of 2011 grand Reserva. The pannepot 2016 is still too young and the taste is a bit thin compared to the 2015 I had recently, I don't know if the 2016 isn't as good as what they produced last year or it just needs a few more months conditioning in the bottle. The 2011 grand Reserva on the other hand is marvellous, the best beer I've had to date and it only cost about €2.50 a bottle. I found four bottles of blue monk but I'm saving them for Christmas, looking forward to them:smile: I was after others like black Albert and cuvée Delphine but didn't find any. Might have to pop over again soon...

Latest posts

Back