Anyone seen Roddy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey buddy

I'm still here, just happened to login just now and saw my name haha

My brewing enthusiasm has taken a beating, since being away for a few weeks in July.... but I'm just about contemplating my next brew

Stocks are getting rather limited at home, I have 23L of the Red grape and elderberry that's been ready to bottle for ages that I might sort out tonight actually

better go for a wee trawl around, see what I've missed :mrgreen:

My brewing enthusiasm has taken a beating, since being away for a few weeks in July

Hi!
I know what you mean. I've just bottled a milk stout that's been in the fridge since I was marking exam papers back in May. I didn't rack it off the sediment, so it may turn our to be duff. Anyone else lagered a stout? :lol:

Hi!
I know what you mean. I've just bottled a milk stout that's been in the fridge since I was marking exam papers back in May. I didn't rack it off the sediment, so it may turn our to be duff. Anyone else lagered a stout? :lol:

Just call it a baltic milk stout and your good :thumb:

Intending to be busy tonight [emoji3]

Blackcurrant TC and Strawberry Rose/WOW

1dbe2fc3d16fcfed62d1f9bf9609e113.jpg
efd1a5fbec31ed9d2e3490cde4dc9bd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Roddy
Although my one and only attempt at a TC turned out to be rubbish (I was disappointed to say the least since I love 'proper' scrumpy) it's good to see you are still knocking it out, and in considerable quantity, and will no doubt continue to advise others as you have done in the the past.
So I raise my glass, beer of course, to your continued involvement :cheers:

hurrah cheers bud :cheers:

I would def be an advocate of trying a straight (classic) plain apple TC to start with, then experiment from there... it's always a good benchmark for experimenting afterwards - and tastes good too

there'll no doubt be one of my recipes for that posted up here but give me a shout if you are interested and can't find it :)

@Roddy
Although my one and only attempt at a TC turned out to be rubbish (I was disappointed to say the least since I love 'proper' scrumpy) it's good to see you are still knocking it out, and in considerable quantity, and will no doubt continue to advise others as you have done in the the past.
So I raise my glass, beer of course, to your continued involvement :cheers:

Hey buddy

I'm still here, just happened to login just now and saw my name haha

My brewing enthusiasm has taken a beating, since being away for a few weeks in July.... but I'm just about contemplating my next brew

Stocks are getting rather limited at home, I have 23L of the Red grape and elderberry that's been ready to bottle for ages that I might sort out tonight actually

better go for a wee trawl around, see what I've missed :mrgreen:

Good man - I thought for one minute there you’d up ended in a barrel of Apple Juice !!

Good to see the brewing enthusiasm slowly coming back, welcome back mate [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all follow the same pattern to a certain degree, when we join we have loads of questions and more enthusiasm we make wine and post about it often as the amount of new juices and experimenting becomes less so does our posing then members move to a more advisory role helping new members when they can.

I think beer brewing is totally different as they (AG brewers) never seem to stop experimenting and trying new recipes and this shows in the amount of new threads posts in the beer forums compared to the wine and cider forums.

Latest posts

Back