Alemans Effin Erdinger Recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aleman said:
I prefer to bottle my wheat beers and they are best drunk young.

Just discovered this! Looks rather nice, but how young is young. I plan crash chill some of the yeast out and keg it then force carb. How soon could I be drinking?

This is the first time I have seen a beer that is best drunk fresh! Sounds like a plan to keep me away from my maturing ales and imperial stouts! Are there any other beer styles that can be comsumed soon after brewing? ;)

Hello, grains arrived today for this.. just a quick question what mash temps would you suggest? 65C would be my guess but I have never done a full wheat beer?

I am batch sparging as the fly sparge 'device' as I call it is broken.

d

Well a rather good looking wort is boiling its way! It has been a good brew day. 20 mins in to the 90min boil and it was only 3.5 hours ago since doughing in! Hopefully will be in the fermentor and packed up before 12!

Really looking forward to this one! Something different from IPA/APA!

Thanks again everyone!

I'm thinking of doing this beer for Christmas, is it too early if it is 'best drunk young' I'm intending on bottling, but will this beer need conditioning time in a cask first? Thanks...

Result was:

6123457401_f2c6869c97.jpg

Kegged it and it lasted about 2 weeks! Nice stuff deff doing another one before xmas.

Thanks for your replies guys, I was planning on using this beer as part of a Christmas hamper. What do you think is a realistic shelf life?

Brewedout said:
Thanks for your replies guys, I was planning on using this beer as part of a Christmas hamper. What do you think is a realistic shelf life?
There is no reason that with a properly sanitised keg etc that your beer wont last one year+ personaly I found this tasted best after 2 weeks from inital kegging 3-4weeks from first pitching but then again it didnt last longer than that so it could have got better?!

Hi Darcey, thanks for the info. You must have had quite a thirst on to get through your beer in a week or two! I think I will risk making some now, if the worst happens :pray: (it doesn't taste quite so good b y Christmas) I can always make some more!

I've just bottled my extract version of this,Woo-Hoo,lovely taste of cloves ,brewed out in 5 days despite following advice re temperature,it's getting a weeks conditioning at 16-18 degs,then getting drunk.I'm culturing yeast from a bottle of Schneider Weiss,so I can play with the recipe to make Edel Weiss,which is brewed for the American market by Schneider, at 6.2%,and hopped with Cascade.It sounds weird but tastes brill,but the only place I know to get it is in the North Bar in Leeds,at £5:50 for a 500ml bottle,so bring on the next brew.
Ian

Silly question where can you buy Oat hulls?
I'm not having much luck in finding anything that isn't attached to a boat!

I think I got mine from hop n grape . . . I bought 500g . . . I think I used 150g in this beer so they do last . . .I think The Malt Miller does them as well.

Latest posts

Back