The Ashes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably favourites from here aren't we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope Nope nope!! false hope not having this

Will not dare believe!!

I believe we can win this.

I'm going to be disappointed tomorrow aren't I.

Well at least I've enjoyed listening and watching today. A bit of a fight back.
Trouble is it'll probably back to the same old collapse next test match.

I believe we can win this.

I'm going to be disappointed tomorrow aren't I

Absolutely we can win! It feels like a bit of a stretch but not too much of one to say this innings could be career defining for Root, can he shepherd a victory from miles behind with an unbeaten century or will he be out for 75 in defeat?

Can we win, yes. Do I believe we will win, no. this isn't through lack of ability but more due to the fragile nature of our batting line up. if it gets close, I don't think we have the batsmen to close this out.

Can we win, yes. Do I believe we will win, no. this isn't through lack of ability but more due to the fragile nature of our batting line up. if it gets close, I don't think we have the batsmen to close this out.

Headlines in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning.

"Maybe We It Wrong". They think maybe they should have made us follow on.
I think they're correct.

"Relations Between Australia and England Near Breaking Point". I've got a bad feeling we're not as mentally tough as the Aussies. I'd love to see us win though.

On the radio yesterday they went through some previous results. From memory I think they were all Adelaide. England had 2 wins out of 12 run chases there.

Then they went through the history of the follow on and some stories like this.
http://www.cricketcountry.com/artic...ickshire-after-being-bowled-out-for-15-294403

If they can knock 50 off without losing another wicket we're in with a good chance. Any early wickets and I think we're in trouble.

Yep its nice that we have made a fist of it but I am expecting to wake up to Australia go 2-0 after winning by 128 runs

I think Linalmeemow is right if we can survive and find our feet early doors without getting carried away just chip away the singles then the pressure will creak on to them. If we lose one early or root goes I think the rest will capitulate quickly after

178 seems like a lot of runs at times.

I may be being irrationally optimistic but I quite fancy our chances. Woakes is a decent batsman and could frustrate them in the first hour. They just need to bat, the runs in the time is no issue at all.

You new to English Cricket ?:lol:

I was a child in the 1990s to be fair, but this is different isn’t it. Then we rarely even made it to day 5 let alone with a chance of winning!

**looks sheepish and goes to stand quietly in the corner**

I am expecting to wake up to Australia go 2-0 after winning by 128 runs

wFtR9p.gif

Yep its nice that we have made a fist of it but I am expecting to wake up to Australia go 2-0 after winning by 128 runs

I think Linalmeemow is right if we can survive and find our feet early doors without getting carried away just chip away the singles then the pressure will creak on to them. If we lose one early or root goes I think the rest will capitulate quickly after

178 seems like a lot of runs at times.

Better buy a lottery ticket today mate [emoji23]

Well that's a bit more like it. England 305-4, Malan 110 n.o., Bairstow 75 n.o.

Still need another big day tomorrow though. Anything around 500/550 and we can start to apply some pressure with the ball.

Haven’t watched the highlights yet, but bloody happy for Malan and Stoneman.

Latest posts

Back