Alcotec Vodka kit refuses to clear.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iain

Reaction score
Hi all, this is the first topic ive started although ive been lingering in the background for a while.

I am in need of some advice for one of my house mates. He recently brewed an Alcotec 5 gallon vodka kit and followed the instructions almost to the letter. The only mistake made was adding the second part of the finings much later than instructed. I dont know if this would have to much of an effect but the activated charcoal is refusing to drop out of suspension. It has been in a cool room for just shy of 2 weeks now and has improved but is still very much unclear. Any advice you guys can give us would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Iain.

Hi Cussword, thanks for your response. Turbo Klar is what came with the kit and it doesn't seem to have done the job. I know that time is a factor but previous liqueur kits that i have done have cleared a lot faster than this. Ill give it a few more days and then hit it with more finings. All i have the moment are ritchies kwik clear finings. Will those be ok to use in this situation.

Thanks again
Iain

Latest posts

Back