alcotec vinland vodka kit Problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yenren

Reaction score
Hi all I am a new member so hi to the community.

I recenly started a alcotec vinland vodka kit and have realized i made a mistake I added 25 liters to 8.5kg of sugar, not realizing that i was supposed to top up my FV. to 25 liters so now i think there is to much water. The water came very close to the top of the FV. so I removed just under 2L to give its space. There i now approximately 29L of Liquid in the FV. now a per the Liter marking on the FV. I don't have an O.G. reading as my hydrometer is not calibrated right.
I was wodering if could add more sugar to get it back on track to its possible 21%

Thanks

Ok, you've got a problem here.

'Sugar Bulking' is approx. 600ml per kg.
In other words, if you add 1kg of sugar to 1 litre of water you get 1600ml of sugar solution.

So if you've added 8.5kg to 25 litres you will have 30 litres with an OG of 1.101 and should end up with around 16% alcohol.

If you really want to try for 20% alcohol you need to empty out 2 litres and add another 2kg of sugar.

Don't throw away what you remove, find a smaller bottle or bucket for it and add a bit of the yeast.

Thanks man, How would i add the sugar? Straight in or dissolve in some of the in some of the brew.

If the yeast's in and it's already fermenting vigorously, do not tip dry sugar in!

Have you seen those videos where people drop mints into fizzy drinks? Whoosh! It's down to something called nucleation sites.

Dissolve it first in a quantity of the wash.

Back