Brew by James Morton

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a copy about a weeks ago, just seen this thread reminds me it's not turned up yet! I'll give it till Wednesday then chase it up I think. I'm looking forward to trying a few really brash IPAs as it happens, gotta keep crossmyloof in business after all 😅

I ordered a copy about a weeks ago, just seen this thread reminds me it's not turned up yet! I'll give it till Wednesday then chase it up I think. I'm looking forward to trying a few really brash IPAs as it happens, gotta keep crossmyloof in business after all ������

Looks quality

DSC_1187.jpg

DSC_1211.jpg

Anyone else made any of these recipes? I must get my finger out as they look superb

Currently drinking his Oatmeal Extra Pale which is a great summery brew, and just bottled a version of his Mad Boris Imperial Stout. Looking at doing his Saison and Tripel now it's getting warm.

Anyone else made any of these recipes? I must get my finger out as they look superb

I made his Extra IPA, which was beautiful. I've done his saison, which I added brett to and bottled in champagne bottles a few months ago. I'm waiting for a nice hot evening to crack one open. I've done his belgian dubbel too, which I think got infected :( But I'm going to make his tripel at some point too.

I want to try the Mad Boris Imperial Stout too. Maybe one for the winter.

I'm reading this now and, I've got to be honest, it's quite irritating. There is some good information but it's VERY opinionated and implies that the way he suggests is the only way to do things.

That's also the impression I got. Despite his irritating hipster style I do like the look of the recipes even though I'd have to scale back the ABV on a lot of them so I could actually drink a full pint.

I'm reading this now and, I've got to be honest, it's quite irritating. There is some good information but it's VERY opinionated and implies that the way he suggests is the only way to do things.

Just ignore the wannabe Brewdog twaddle and steal his recipes,you may need a pallet of hops though

I know,I just can't justify that???
I can see it now,me to swmbo, I need £25 worth of hops, swmbo ,oh are you stocking up for the next five brews honey,me,ehh..............😳

And it not like they're cheap ones either, citra and amarillo, 6 pounds or so for 100g each. You may a well file the divorce papers straight away - irreconcilable differences. SWMBO wont let me spend half my wages on hops!

I have done an American IPA with as little as 150 grams of those hops and also one with 250.. Both were great

500 grams .. I mean it would have to be superb for that.. 175 gram dry hop, you'd probably lose a few pints in hop absorption :lol:

I did the Paradigm Shift Stout a little over a week ago.

Massive grain bill so had to mash in two stages and combine the wort for the boil.

Didn't hit the OG and if it gets down to 1.036 as it has it in the book will be 12.1%

Then its time to store it till Christmas to mature or possibly later.

I did the Paradigm Shift Stout a little over a week ago.

Massive grain bill so had to mash in two stages and combine the wort for the boil.

Didn't hit the OG and if it gets down to 1.036 as it has it in the book will be 12.1%

Then its time to store it till Christmas to mature or possibly later.

12.1%😳 That's some strength beer!

Maybe complete **** or take the next few year to mellow out but had to give it a shot. :lol:

Tried the small amount in the sample jar after taking the latest SG reading and you can definitely taste the alcohol. More of a sipping stout i think if there is such a thing.

Back