Hatherwood craft beer reviews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanzanite

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have Bought 6 different bottles of Hatherwood craft beers,With descriptions of tropical hops golden malts etc waxing lyrical on the back of the bottles. So far drank 3, so will review those to start. No1 was Golden Goose.took me an hour to drink the bottle not impressed. just drinkable. No 2 Green gecko IPA , Drinkable just, but a back taste of wet elder wood, Number 3 .Amber Adder well this is vile tastes and smells like elderwood and rat **** , took a second mouthful too reassure my self it was so bad. Down the sink it went. I then opened one of my Woodfords Wherry test bottles, that has been carbonating indoors for 2 weeks then in the fridge 24hrs, A nice drink not perfect but not ready yet, it was far more drinkable than all three of the Hatherwoods craft beers. I dont know who drinks this stuff, it tastes and smells:doh: like Weed killer. I will update on the other three bottles when i have built up the courage to drink them.

Yes we all have different tastes, the Green Gecko IPA was the best out of the three , but the back taste of Elder is not nice ,

I sampled a few Hatherwoods from Lidl. Never again. I imagine that they are made for the cheap supermarket and at a price that compromises quality. The only one in our Lidl that warrants the purchase is Bishops Finger. Otherwise my own is better, cheaper and well.... mine!

Just drunk the Hatherwood gnarley fox . New wave lager!! HaHa, Nothing like lager more like a bitter, IPA cross. but drinkable and the best of the bunch so far.

"Hatherwood" beers are brewed by Wychwood, which of course is owned by Marston's these days.

I actually quite like the green Gecko, but definitely not any of the others.

The Purple Panther Porter is lush and I don't care what anyone else says.

Another beer in Lidl that gets my vote is the Czech Black Lager.

I'd have to agree. Especially after the sainsburys extra special overly dry London portor (although I wouldn't say no to a second)
I remember buying loads of the golden ones for a trip away. Tasted like lagar which aint my bag. I believe I also gave the sink a taste of its vileness. Poor *******.

I guess it's a case of getting what you pay for. First time I went to Lidl, I bought all six types based mainly on price.

Really disappointed with all of them and won't bother again.

I've had the golden goose golden ale. All I can say is for the price very nice.

Latest posts

Back